My Ventura Review

Gerrym

Was ventura full with passengers, because there were complaints that there was not enough sunloungers by previous posters.

As far as I know, the ship was full but I didn't hear of any complaints regarding sunbeds...as Brian mentions...there seemed to be enough for all!

Brian, we also took part in the Syndicate quizzes each night.. great fun! ;)

If I had taken any notice of the people who did nothing but complain, I certainly would have cancelled, thankfully, I didn't.

Hi, glad you enjoyed it, many do!

Could you do me a favour and point out the people who do nothing but complain, I seem to have missed their reviews.

Many thanks

Gerry

I too was on Ventura N817 and the ship was full. The captain said that there were 3400 passengers and full to capacity. Additional sunbeds were put on around September and there is now no shortage, even on the hot sunny sea day from Rome to Alicante, there were still some available. I was concerned that with the numbers on board, it would be very crowded but there were no problems in disembarking or embarking, including two tender ports and we just walked on and off each time. There was never a problem finding a seat and table for a drink as there are many bars to choose from.

There was a variety of entertainment in the evening in different venues although the 8:45pm theatre show filled up early. Did not try the pay restaurants as the main restaurant was perfectly acceptable, but we had the tapas in Ramblas on three ocassions at lunch and it was very good (£2.50 for choice of three out of about ten). Strange that they do not put on the menu that alternatives are available as they do on other P&O ships. If the menu does not suit, you can have prawn cocktail, or caesar salad as starters and steak, chicken, or salmon as main courses. All in all it was an enjoyable cruise and even the weather was good for most of the time. However, there is no card room so the bridge players met in one of the restaurants and also the syndicate quiz was in the saffron restaurant.

Brian

I am pleased that P&O are listening to their customers and at last seem to be doing something about the problems, good on them.

Gerry

Now you have done it, you have upset so many people who like to have a go at Ventura/Arcadia/P&O.

I cannot imagine who would be upset by a positive review, very strange thought there Dai!

Who are these people that like having a go at Ventura/Arcadia/P&O? I have yet to meet them or read their posts.

How can anyone enjoy having a go?

Perhaps Dai, you see some of yourself in others?

Gerry

I cannot imagine who would be upset by a positive review, very strange thought there Dai!

Who are these people that like having a go at Ventura/Arcadia/P&O? I have yet to meet them or read their posts.

How can anyone enjoy having a go?

Perhaps Dai, you see some of yourself in others?

Gerry

Gerry

What a weird posting. You clearly do not know me well enough.:D

I am the on who people have a go for being too positive.

If you have not seen the negative postings on here and other boards then you have not been looking.

I mentioned Arcadia because in her first year she was given the same treatment by a similar group of people. One of which assured me that Arcadia would not last 9 month with P&O because his contacts in the company had told him so. He got very annoyed :mad:when I doubted him.

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Gerry

What a weird posting. You clearly do not know me well enough.:D

I am the on who people have a go for being too positive.

If you have not seen the negative postings on here and other boards then you have not been looking.

:cool:

Dai

Wierd? lol, given your posting, perhaps you should read the post correctly as I cetainly know where you stand on the subject. :)

Anyway, I did not say I had not seen any negative postings (again, perhaps read my post again).

I do find it wierd that you can tell that people like posting negative things about Ventura/Arcadia/etc. Perhaps you have special powers?

Brian, Yes I know ....you didn't happen to be on table 4 did you? If so , which one were you?

Yes we used no 4 except for one night when we could not find it and used 44. Mind you the wine was not very good quality

Brian

Archived