When do we find out what night is formal night, etc...

lillotis

[size=4]Formal night is the 2nd evening and then there is another "Farewell Formal" later in the week (not the last night)........this is for a 7-day voyage. For a 14 day voyage there are about 5 black tie nights. And yes, look in your Herald when you arrive in your suite, it will tell you the dress schedule.[/size]
[size=4]You should call your T.A. about your tickets. I think you should have them by now. Or e-mail "Tessie" our Club Manager at Seabourn.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Have fun![/size]
[size=4]MB[/size]

Once you settle in your suite you can refer to the schedule for the week calling out the dress for each evening and planned schedule of formal nights and special events ( ie. movies under the stars, evenings under the stars, galley brunch etc.) The galley brunch is always one of my favorite events and on our last 2 week cruise I was surprised that one was not scheduled. I happened to mention my disappointment to the cruise director early in the cruise and to my great delight a few days later a galley brunch was on the program -- not sure if my comment had any effect but knowing Seabourn ...

• 2 weeks later...
We asked and rec'd an email from Miami regarding formal nights on our 13 day cruise. Then sent the 7 day schedule and said it would repeat. Wrong. We had three formal nights. Though, it really does not matter what nights, other than the first which seems to almost always be the second night. By the way, though other nights are "elegant casual" many (half?) still wore a tie and the majority of ladies still had nice dresses on, just not gowns or anything like that.

And on casual nights, I would say about 80% of the men still wore a sportcoat even though it was not required - in the main dining room at least. Never did make dinner in Veranda.

Archived