We may be on Infinity for Alaska Will teens like the ship?

drjlm

I just came back from a sister ship... All I can say is that the kids who went to the tower (teens) and kids zone loved it. My teen was hesitant to go. After our 10pm lifeboat drill she was so wide awake she said she would take a look. At 1am I decided to head out and look for her. It is a wonderful facility and they have terrrific staff. Monique, the teen counselor we had is going on the Alaska itineraries soon- she was a club Med GO. Really related well to the teens because she was so young and with it herself. Even when she was off duty, she would invite my daughter to meet her at the seaview for a meal.
Because the facility and staff is so kid friendly the kids do not roam the ship. They actually follow the program. The kids zone is also terrific. I think that Celebrity's childrens
program are really underrated, since as a corporation RCI is really marketed as the *family* line. Lets keep it that way.
The hard part can be jsut getting them to try it and to realize that even if the first few kids they meet are not compatible to give it another try. A girl from my daughters ninth grade class was on the same trip and we never knew it till they were back to school. She never went up to the tower cause she was hesitant- Carolyn told her what a great time and wonderful kids there were.
There will be fewer kids in Alaska than the Carribean over spring break, but that is not a problem- it only takes a a small group to have a great time. Sometimes they actually bond better as a group when there arent hundreds onboard.

Jacqueline
Constellation 3/20/04
HAL Westerdam 7/30/04
Tahitian Princess August 2003
Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003
Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002
Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001
Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001
Grand Princess Med 2000

Archived