First Cruiser Leaving in 4 Days!!

Well, after a very hectic and terrifying moment when my sailing partner thought she had the wrong travel doc's and wouldn't be able to get replacements, all is well, and we are leaving Monday morning!

My question is this: are service charges included with RCI, and if so, how much is it suggested to tip on top of that, if any? Also, how do RCI passengers normally do this? I've read lots of different methods.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Per the RCCL website:

Tipping – So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Stateroom attendant:$3.50 USDa day per guestDining Room Waiter:$3.50 USDa day per guestAssistant Waiter:$2.00 USDa day per guestHeadwaiter:$.75 USDa day per guestGratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifPre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.con_bulletgray_ico.gifAdded to your onboard SeaPass account.con_bulletgray_ico.gifPaid in cash at the end of the cruise.

Happy Cruising!

Diane

What cruise are you going on? I am excited for you! You can put the charges on your account, and they will give you a voucher to put in the envelope and it the service has been great we slip and little cash. Usually at the end of the cruise our cash supply in tight. Enjoy the cruise.

I know you're excited. You'll always remember your first cruise,so go expecting to have a ball,and you will. Don't sweat the small stuff.A cruise can be as much fun,or as relaxing as you want it to be.The choice's are numerous,and they're all yours to make.Have a wonderful time,and tell us all about it when you return. Bon Voyage

thanks so much for your help and advice..i've been lurking around these forums for months now trying to take in as much info as possible, and everyone has been so helpful i can hardly believe it.

hahaha...how can i not have fun when at 8am this morning, i was pretty sure we weren't going to get to go, because my girlfriend found out her parents never got that passport they promised...thank goodness they are overnighting her state birth certificate.

the countdown is now 108 hours before we embark on our maiden voyage on RCI's Soveriegn of the Seas. I'm taking a couple cameras, so I'll post tons of pics when we get back.

i'm glad i started this young (i'm 24, she's 22) so I can make as many cruises as possible :D

We always tip in cash -- it's our assurance that the folks will actually get the money. This last cruise we were on we did something we hadn't done before -- we threw our cabin steward $20 when we first got on board. I don't know if we would have gotten superior service anyway, but it was honestly the best service I've ever gotten on a cruise ship.

In the scheme of things, what's $20? It made everyone happy all the way around :)

edited to add: I hope you have a WONDERFUL time. I've been on the Sovereign twice, and it's a great ship. :) Happy cruising! Welcome to the addiction. :)

:p HI GUYS WELL ITS ALMOST TIME TO SET SAIL FOR EUROPE AND I WANTED TO LET YOU ALL NO WHAT TIME THE M&M PARTY WAS.IT WILL BE AT 10;30AM,AND MY LOVELY WIFE SAYS ITS IN THE VIKING CROWN LOUNGE ,I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE,ITS GONNA BE A NICE CRUISE I CAN FEEL IT:))):)

Archived