Bringing your own beverages

*Sparkle*

Good Afternoon

I attended a get together cruise meeting that my Travel Agent held to give us information about our up coming cruise. One the points she mentioned was that Carnival is now prohibiting passengers from bringing their own water and soda on board because people were smuggling in alcohol. Is this true? I am a true Pepsi girl and I drink Deer Park water. It is my understanding that they only have coke products on board the Carnival Miracle and the bottled water is Crystal Geyser.

Has anyone said on the Miracle recently who can give me an answer? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I put them right in my suitcase.......

Wrapped my wine in bubble wrap, and put it inside one of those large Glad baggies.they are huge......ziplock.

That way if something happened, your clothes wont get wet...

I have heard of people just putting a luggage tag on a 12 pack of sodas and putting it with luggage, but i never tried that.

Denise

Good Afternoon

I attended a get together cruise meeting that my Travel Agent held to give us information about our up coming cruise. One the points she mentioned was that Carnival is now prohibiting passengers from bringing their own water and soda on board because people were smuggling in alcohol. Is this true? I am a true Pepsi girl and I drink Deer Park water. It is my understanding that they only have coke products on board the Carnival Miracle and the bottled water is Crystal Geyser.

Has anyone said on the Miracle recently who can give me an answer? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

The info you received was old. About a year ago Carnival restricted all carry on beverages. That lasted only a couple of weeks and they went back to a "reasonable" amount of soft drinks and/or water. You can thank all the cruise critic members for the hue and cry raised when they did the restriction and for the fact that the ban didn't last long. The major alcohol smuggling happens in checked luggage anyway, not carry ons.

Dan

I am so happy I leave for my cruise in 17 days and #1 on my list of 'Things to do" is pick up a case of pepsi. Thank you everyone for responding to my post so quickly. I love how everyone is so helpful.

Good Afternoon

Like dano said, old info.

We bring our water and a couple of 2 liter bottles and 1 bottle of wine each through security.

The words 'reasonable amount' are open to interpretation.

With a smile, a lot of nice words, and the right attitude, you can breeze right on through.:D

When you get onboard the Miracle, go to the aft Lido deck bar and say hello to Joni for me. He's a great bartender.:cool: Enjoy your cruise!

We carry on the water, soda, and wine. We pack 'the rest.';)

Gotcha. I thought I carried on my water and soda on our first Carnival cruise but I could not remember. I know I had to throw out my opened bottle of water (that I was drinking). I understand why I had to trash it but it was really water. Made no sense when I had a whole case I could open if I wanted once I went thru security.

I am so happy I leave for my cruise in 17 days and #1 on my list of 'Things to do" is pick up a case of pepsi. Thank you everyone for responding to my post so quickly. I love how everyone is so helpful.

Sparkle I think you respond to a carnival connection website that you were traveling on August 23 on the Carnival Liberty if this is you, are you with the friends and family group with Bonafide Travel.

I hope you see this message and respond

Archived