Kids club question for Mariner

We have a large group of 18 people going on the 24th of this month(YEAH!!!)I know that the kids club has activities til 10pm, right? After that, I know we will want to go to the bars and nightclubs, so can the kids stay in the kids club til 1am for a fee? I read somewhere that they can stay in the kids club and watch movies and wind down on little cot type things or read. Do you know how much? My girls are 8 and 5. Thank you:)

from 10pm til 1am it is 5 dollars per hour per child. (sorry, I dont remember if they have a multiple child discount as we have only one)

They dont really have cots for the kids... but there are bench like couches all around and lots of floor space. They are not necessarily winding down during late night party zone... hence the name... late night party zone. The older kids (6 and up) like to play GaGa ball.

There is very little "winding down" for the 6-8 year old group. Even in the 3-5 year old group, after 10pm, the kids are still going strong - dancing around the room. :eek:

PLEASE do not drop your kids off if you think they won't be enjoying their time away from you. At this point, my kids are too young to stay past 10pm. But friends we have traveled with thought it was a wonderful idea to drop the kids off so they could go dancing till 1am. The kids ended up crying every night and being pretty cranky during the day. And these kids were 7 and 8.

Don't go on a cruise hoping that the kids will WANT to stay in the club till 1am. You may very well be disappointed.

I allow my kids (who are the same age as yours) stay for as long as they like. And pretty much, by 10pm, they are ready to crash.

my girls have been on 4 cruises(3 Disney, 1 Carnival) and had to be pulled kicking and screaming from those kids clubs:eek: . They loved it!!! I dont bring the girls on cruises hoping to get rid of them- they love being with the kids and playing while the adults get to play too! We actually have to barter and book cool excursions to get the girls to want to spend time with us. Plus, we will have 10 kids between the ages of 4-9 together in the club. Not too sure how some of the other kids will like it , tho. One of the kids is attatched to Mom all day and I think he's 8. He prob wont make it :( . How did yours like the kids club? Any advice? What were the fav activities?

my girls have been on 4 cruises(3 Disney, 1 Carnival) and had to be pulled kicking and screaming from those kids clubs:eek: . They loved it!!! I dont bring the girls on cruises hoping to get rid of them- they love being with the kids and playing while the adults get to play too! We actually have to barter and book cool excursions to get the girls to want to spend time with us. Plus, we will have 10 kids between the ages of 4-9 together in the club. Not too sure how some of the other kids will like it , tho. One of the kids is attatched to Mom all day and I think he's 8. He prob wont make it :( . How did yours like the kids club? Any advice? What were the fav activities?

Yep, my kids have to be pulled kicking and screaming from the kids club during the DAY ;) But, like I said, by 10pm, they are slipping fast. :) They *think* they can make it past 10pm. But I always stop in and check on them and usually by 10:30 they are toast.

The AO pages are scanned and uploaded at the link in my signature. Just click on the link, then click RCCL AO.

Come up with a Plan B. It won't be enjoyable if a few members of your group have to stay in the cabin while everyone else is out partying together all night long.

In my group, after watching my friends kids dissolve into blubbering masses at the kids camp, I picked up their kids (yes their father came with me so I could get them out) and I brought all of the kids to my cabin where we had a "slumber party". Basically the kids fell asleep and their parents came up and picked them up at 1am.

Yeah, Im sure a plan B, C, and D will have to be in order. Also, there will be a few nights where Ill just want to veg out-excurion days. I just was reading your blog, love that travel car dest that folds up-gonna get that. Thank you for all the info-

My kids are just like yours - we are under strict orders not to pick them up until 1 a.m. (I laugh as we usually go at midnight-ish and they are wiped out). We always check in between shows or activities (around 10-11) and are ALWAYS told to leave again!

Gaga ball is *the* late night activity of choice. It's like dodge-ball, but I don't know much more than that!

We picked our kids up between 10 and 11 PM last year. Like everyone else's kids, they think they can stay up late, but are usually tired by the time we check in.

The benefit...we are up early and can get our day started!!!

Sometimes after the kids go to bed, I'll read a book. This year (in less than two weeks!!) my parents will be going, so DH (who likes to turn in early) will put them to bed and I may hang out with my folks. Otherwise, I'll read on my balcony!!!!

I admit it's been a few years but there always seemed to be someplace for "quiet time". Kids could stretch out and watch a movie. We never stayed out till 1:00 a.m. but at 11:30 or 12:00 when we'd go to the kids' area ours would be sound asleep and we carried them back to the room.

We have a large group of 18 people going on the 24th of this month(YEAH!!!)I know that the kids club has activities til 10pm, right? After that, I know we will want to go to the bars and nightclubs, so can the kids stay in the kids club til 1am for a fee? I read somewhere that they can stay in the kids club and watch movies and wind down on little cot type things or read. Do you know how much? My girls are 8 and 5. Thank you:)

Hi, I've been doing some research of my own, as we will be on the Mariner this December with our 5yr old. Here is another thread I found recently that may have some info that will help you. Another option that I didn't see mentioned is in room sitting that is available on RC ships. Not everyone is comfortable with that, but I have read some very positive things about it.

hth!

Archived