Constellation Balcony Cabin Info

seadays4me

Looking at booking a cruise on the Constellation next October. I am looking at a Cat 2 Balcony Stateroom on the Penthouse Deck Mid Ship (near the outside elevator). Does anyone know if there are any obstructions from the lifeboats? The rooms seem to be placed inward from the hull of the ship. It is hard to tell from the info I see at the Celebrity Web Site.

Thanks,

Ron

My husband have been in 7137 two times now. It is in the middle of the ship, near the elevators. When the sun is on the port side of the ship there's sun. When it's on the starboard side or not out, there's no sun. The 7th deck is the Vista Deck however, we've had friends on 6th and 8th and they reported the same thing as above.

Don't worry about your room. Have a wonderful cruise. :D

WRONG. :D

Thanks for you insightful comment. My observation was based on the photos in the link above provided by Walt. Most of the side balconies on both sides are in shade in these photos. Also, the upper deck appears to extend out a good 20 feet over most of the forward part of the ship. I realize that if the sun is in just the right positioin, these cabins may get some sun. However, during the time most people usually lie in the sun (noon to 3 PM) the sun should be overhead and these cabins would be in shade.

In any event, I booked an aft balcony so I would have more opportunity for sunbathing on the balcony.

...all balconies end up in the shade! Depends on the time of day, time of year, closeness to the equator and direction of travel. I never figured out why the farther you went north the longer the days are. Spent 6 months in the Democratic Republic of Congo as a UN Military observer and regardles of the month I could set my watch by the sun. Up at 6 am, black at 6 pm. I was 1 degree south of the equator. No sunsets there. The sun FELL out of the sky. I also lived in the Yukon, read next door to Alaska for those who don't know Canadian geography well. 21 June I could sit on my deck at 3 am and read a book with extra fine print with no artificial light. Conversly 21 Dec it got dusky at 10 in the morning and black by 2 pm.

Enough war stories. On the M class ships there is a big overhang above the Sky deck (9). It gets better as you go down. You don't maybe get the same view but in life we all have to make trade offs. It gets cheaper (less CC) when you move down a bit too.

Best cabins are aft but they are now or soon will be all CC or family view.

Hope this helps. Regardless, go crusing and have the time of your life!

Thanks folks for all of your replys. The pictures are great and I see what is ment by the big overhang on the upper deck. Perfect for me, since my laying out in the sun days are over since I had Melnanoma. I am interested in this ship since it is doing a couple of Caribbian cruises from Port Liberty (New Jersey) next year. Just came back from the Voyager of the Seas leaving from that port and its wonderful for those of us living in the NY area.

Thanks Again,

Ron

Archived