Group Seating

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have searched for an answer to this question but did not see it anywhere.

I have a family group (13 people) sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on October 5, 2008 and was wondering about dinner seating? Can we all be seated together? Does anyone know? Thanks so much for any and all replies.

Jackie

yes - I've been at a table for 12 - don't see why they can't add one more.

Make sure your reservations are all linked together and you will all be seated together at dinner.

If you booked with RCCL - call them with all the reservation numbers. If you booked through a TA they should do it for you.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have searched for an answer to this question but did not see it anywhere.

I have a family group (13 people) sailing on the Mariner of the Seas on October 5, 2008 and was wondering about dinner seating? Can we all be seated together? Does anyone know? Thanks so much for any and all replies.

Jackie

As long as your reservations are all linked together you will be seated together however it may not be all at one table. If they do not have a table for 13 they will give you two tables next to eachother for say 6 and 7. And you don't have to sit in the same seat each night; you can switch it up a bit if you prefer.

I don't know about the Mariner but was on the Explorer recently and there was a huge long table of 18 on the other side of us. I know it wasn't their fault (very poor planning on the part of however the tables were assigned) but between the waiter/asst waiter having such a large table, along wtih others and our idiotic 3 tablemates showing up 15 to 20 minutes late it made life he ll for the waitstaff (and us).

Another thing I noticed - I think it would have been better for them to have 3 smaller tables only because they kept getting up and walking among those at their table to talk. If they had 3 smaller tables of 6 each night and rotated among them it would have been easier for everyone to chat with those they travelled with (and most certainly us).

We travel often with friends. We have had a table for 12. I don't know if they have one for 13. We never sit in the same seats every night. We always move around from night to night so we can sit next to and talk to different people each night. Some nights we are not even next to our own spouse.

I sailed with a group of 13 on the Empress of the Seas (1 was a 2 year old) and RCCL stated that for a party that large they needed to do a 6 top table and 7 top table. We were seated right next to each other, but there was no way to accommodate 13 even with 1 in a high chair at a 12 top table. So that being said, I am not sure you will be all seated at the same table, but you will be right next to one another if all the booking numbers are linked, etc. Both tables will also have the same waitstaff so you can go back and forth between the tables and they will still know you. :)

Archived