explorer of the seas questions?

I am looking at e.o.s for next june with my wife and 3 kids. It sails out of cape canaveral, but must fly into orlando intl. Is this common for rcl to provide transfers from orlando to cape canaveral? First time leaving from florida and do not know. any insight on e.o.s would be benefecial. thanks

I am looking at e.o.s for next june with my wife and 3 kids. It sails out of cape canaveral, but must fly into orlando intl. Is this common for rcl to provide transfers from orlando to cape canaveral? First time leaving from florida and do not know. any insight on e.o.s would be benefecial. thanks

The Explorer does not sail out of Port Canaveral

The transfers that RCI provides are expensive, esp for a family of 5. Besides, you have to wait until the bus fills up, and then you arrive with a busload of people to wait on line with.

We've found that the fastest, easiest and most cost-effective way to get from Orlando to Port Canaveral is to rent a car. We've used Budget and Avis because they have locations inside the airport. Each has a drop off location a mile or two south of the Port, and then provides a free shuttle to the ship. The drive is an easy, direct route down one major highway and takes about 45 minutes. You can get discount coupons or codes on Costco, BJ's wholesalers, Walmart, etc, webistes. Just google "discount code for Budget car rental" (or substitute coupon for code, or Avis for Budget.). A one-way rental is around $80 for a car large enough for your family plus luggage. (Cruiseline transfers are approx $35 per person each way) The Budget location is in Cape Canaveral (code CC5 on their webiste) and the Avis location is in Cocoa Beach.

Depending on the time of year and rental and gas prices, some of the shuttle or towncar/limo services are also cheaper that using RCCL.

It is about a 45 minute or so - very easy drive on one highway to get to Port Canaveral from MCO. You do need some money for tolls if you drive, but not too much.

I put together a list of towncar services last year when we were going. Email me if you would like a copy annjunk at sbcglobal dot net.

Archived