What to do after?

KKCruisers

We will be in GC in August and it will be our first time there. Our plan is to get off the ship early and head over to Paradise Beach and do some snorkeling for a couple of hours. After that I would like to see some of the town, but don't know anything about GC.

I'm looking for suggestions on what would be the best place to go to shop a little and have some native drinks and just relax. We really don't have a lot of time there (8-3).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kathy

I think Paradise Beach is in Cozumel.

If you are looking for good snorkeling from shore in G Cayman try Eden Rock (just a few blocks to the right along main street -- a short walk from the tender docks) or taxi or bus to Cemetery Beach.

All the shopping in GC is in town -- an easy walk and in sight of the tender docks.

We like the Reef Grill --restaurant on the beach at Royal Palms on 7 Mile beach. FYI menu items are priced in Cayman dollars...US will be slightly higher. Google Royal Palms Reef Grill -- their menu is posted on their web site.

Paradise Cafe is next to Eden Rock in GC and does have snorkeling but no beach. I would also suggest Royal Palms/Reef Grill if you want some beach time, food & drink - http://www.reefgrill.com. My daughter got married on their beach last month and it was wonderful. Most shopping is right by the peir and there are also places for food and drink if you don't want to take a taxi or bus to 7 mile beach.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Archived