What is there to do/see in Cartagena?

abhb

Well the historical stuff that was there 30 years ago is still there (I'm sure that's where the Navy guys went! :D;):D

The old town ought to be perused, the fortress is a must see, and La Popa Monastary is a must (great view over the city).

For shopping, in addition to old town stores there is a 'mall' in the upscale Boca Grande neighborhood that is worth getting to in that the road goes by some of the city's beaches. There are some very nice jewelers and other retailers at the 'mall'. I bought a really nice multi-panel multi-compartment leather breif case. I got DW some exquisite gold filagre emerald jewelry. Cartagena has the best shopping in the Caribbean - real stuff, excellent quality, good value (not cheap but heirloom stuff). The goldsmiths do filagree that you just can't find in the states.

• 3 weeks later...

Intersted as well in Cartegena. Saw they offer a boat trip to an island off the coast. But I'm not sure what we want to do. On past cruises we would rent a car and go off on our own - often doing the RCCL tours independently, (Dunns River, Orient Beach, etc.) As this is our first time in Columbia, I'm not too sure we want to wander too far on our own. I'd be curious what other previous visitors have done.

• 3 months later...

Archived