Just Curious...Random Question

cmalibu1

So I was watching tv tonight, watching a show that had a ship on it with lots of famous people.

I know a couple years ago Rosie O'donnell went on a cruise that was heavily talked about..

...just curious if anyone has seen somebody from ''hollywood'' (even the slightly famous..because all the others could afford their ow boat) on a cruise.

I was thinking, there must be someone out there who was on some tv show in the 80's?!? Right?

If not, sorry!!

So I was watching tv tonight, watching a show that had a ship on it with lots of famous people.

I know a couple years ago Rosie O'donnell went on a cruise that was heavily talked about..

...just curious if anyone has seen somebody from ''hollywood'' (even the slightly famous..because all the others could afford their ow boat) on a cruise.

I was thinking, there must be someone out there who was on some tv show in the 80's?!? Right?

If not, sorry!!

Rosie charters the ship for her special sailings. ;)

Only have run into one celebrity onboard a ship in the past that wasn't an entertainer onboard, but it wasn't on a Princess ship.

Really? See thats exciting! Who....?~? Sorry, I am so snoopy, you dont have to tell!

I knew Rosie had a thing with the ships, but I was just curious if any other celeb would venture onto a ship where they could possibly run into the same people over and over... :)

Really? See thats exciting! Who....?~? Sorry, I am so snoopy, you dont have to tell!

I knew Rosie had a thing with the ships, but I was just curious if any other celeb would venture onto a ship where they could possibly run into the same people over and over... :)

Charlie Sheen. He hid out in his suite most of the time, and was only seen in the elevators a few times trying to disguise himself in a baseball cap and sunglasses and always kept his head down and never said a word. The staff would say 'remember, you didn't notice him, RIGHT'? lol

I guess I'm a contrarian; I went to school with the daughters of some very famous people (one was my roommate) and yes, met their parents. I've also met some very famous people on the road of life so I don't care one way or the other if a celebrity is onboard. I know that many of them, of course not all, like being "one of the crowd" while on vacation so I'd leave them be. On the other hand, I don't remember seeing any celebrities on a cruise but then one person's definition of a celebrity might not be someone else's.

I guess I'm a contrarian; I went to school with the daughters of some very famous people (one was my roommate) and yes, met their parents. I've also met some very famous people on the road of life so I don't care one way or the other if a celebrity is onboard. I know that many of them, of course not all, like being "one of the crowd" while on vacation so I'd leave them be. On the other hand, I don't remember seeing any celebrities on a cruise but then one person's definition of a celebrity might not be someone else's.

Haha, wow those are some big celebrities.

PaminCA - its not that I care either, I was just curious. It was a completely random question, and I was thinking, ''there must have been someone famous to go on a cruise''. And try to not mingle with everyone else?!..lol

..Its just something to derive conversation from..

Haha, wow those are some big celebrities.

PaminCA - its not that I care either, I was just curious. It was a completely random question, and I was thinking, ''there must have been someone famous to go on a cruise''. And try to not mingle with everyone else?!..lol

..Its just something to derive conversation from..

I understand what you're saying but based on my personal experience with very well-known people, I know that most don't like being singled out, particularly if they're with their families.

But.. Curiosity killed the cat!?
My roommate in high school (I went to a private boarding school) was Maureen Reagan, daughter of Jane Wyman and Ronald Reagan who was then married to Nancy, all of whom I met many times. We stayed in touch until she passed away of melanoma several years ago. That "celeb" enough for you? There are several others.

Don't know if this counts, but saw Gavin MacLeod (Capt Stubing) when we were on the Island Princess to Hawaii. He was filming a training video for Princess. He and his group had finished lunch (Horizon Court) and were just talking. An older lady, who didn't recongize him, came up to the table and asked them to move since they were through and she needed a table. They just grinned and got up and left.

I wish, but I doubt it'll happen. I imagine celebrities would tend to avoid cruises cuz they're captive and much harder to get their privacy vs a private resort on land.

I've sat at the next table to Damon Wayans while in Hawaii and we're family friends with a famous former Olympian.

We get a lot of celebrities shopping in our store, and my personal policy is to treat them with the same respect as I treat any of our customers. I may ask about their current work or their plans for the future, but I'm likely to do that with anyone. It helps me to work with them to determine their clothing needs.

As far as our cruises go, we've never seen anyone of special note, nor have we heard of any rumors of a celebrity's presence.

However, on one Celebrity cruise, we felt as though we were treated like celebrities ourselves because we were fortunate enough to be seated for dinner at the table immediately adjacent to the Captain's table. Sensational service!!!

Rosie charters the ship for her special sailings. ;)

Only have run into one celebrity onboard a ship in the past that wasn't an entertainer onboard, but it wasn't on a Princess ship.

here you are again toto, all i can say if anyone bumps into toto while on a cruise, you can all say you have met one as she is the celebrity of our forums always there with good positive answers for everything.

cat

When I was on the Ss Norway (1984) I met Florence Henderson (Mom on the Brady Bunch).

Also, on the Noordam in Jan. 2008 I saw two people who were very familiar, my sister realized one was Wendy the Snapple Lady. We are still trying to figure out who the other one is...he is a British actor...I just can't think of what movies he was in. Anyway he was a hoot! We were on the same ferries and taxis and in the same bars having before dinner drinks, with his lovely wife!

That is it for famous cruise people, thus far! Although, a family we have cruised with in the past was in one of the old HAL brochures.

Cheers,

Laura

I wish, but I doubt it'll happen. I imagine celebrities would tend to avoid cruises cuz they're captive and much harder to get their privacy vs a private resort on land.

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement. There have been lots of celebrities that have cruised and mingled with people.

We were on the Inaugural Voyage of the Caribbean Princess in April 2004 and met and had cocktails with Jill Whalen, (Captian Stubbings daughter on The Love Boat), along with her husband, after she had christened the CB as the Godmother of the ship.

Joe

We were on a 15 day cruise last year and saw Billie Jean King almost every day. I tried hard to not intrude on her relaxation, but one day in the buffet line she was right behind me, and I couldn't resist thanking her for all she's done for women's sports. She looked surprised, and was very gracious.

One time I saw Tony Curtis in a nightclub in Hawaii. I wasn't going to bother him, but since he wasn't getting any privacy anyway, I figured I might as well get to meet him, too. When he found out we were from Alaska, he talked about how much he enjoyed his trips there, and asked to meet my husband. We spent much longer talking than I would have thought possible.

Archived