Day Room Barcelona Airport Hotel

We will be spending most of the day [10th Nov] at Barcelona Airport after disembarking as our flight is not until 21.30hrs and with 2 small children I really feel we should try and get a day room in one of the airport hotels.I have been trying to find one on line but when I put the same date for arriving and departing an error notice comes up.Can anyone help me?

I never have any luck finding day rooms. We usually book a cheap room on Priceline or Hotwire and just use it for the day. If the room isn't ready on arrival, the hotel has always allowed us to leave our luggage while we go off sightseeing or use their pool (bit cold in November though:( )

Are you using a hotel for a pre cruise or going straight from airport to dock on arrival? We had this problem in May, but as we had 4 days pre cruise, the hotel we used said it would be fine to dump our luggage and use their facilities and lounge etc (but not a room) until we were ready to go.

Simon

Why don't you skip the RCI transfer back to the airport, and leave your luggage at the left luggage place at Barcelona Sants Train Station, spend the day in Barcelona, have lunch etc and then catch a cab to the airport when you are ready for €35. Surely better to keep 2 children entertained all day (and busy) otherwise you will be pulling your hair out at the end of the day and this is not the way to end a cruise!

When we cruise in the USA/Caribbean we usually have a day room on our day of departure but hotel day rooms are not something you find very often in Europe. Because of this most automated booking systems do not allow it.

For adults I would agree that depositing your luggage and spending a day in Barcelona would be best but with 2 small children that would be very tiring.

As you are travelling in November, which is a fairly quiet time for the hotels, I suggest you email a few hotels and explain the situation and tell them what times you want the hotel and ask for a quote.

Bear in mind that the Spanish love children and would not want them walking the streets.

If you would like me to word an email for you in Spanish let me know and I will send it to you.

are you on a flight to gatwick? i am returning from barcelona in december. i read a post the other day that B.A. have cancelled the morning flights from gatwick so they were switched to heathrow. i have not been informed yet. if so, this going to be such a nuisance. let me know if you have any luck with the day room. think i am going to need one! good luck.

angelina46

I think there is a park with rides up one of the mountains in Barcelona (Tibidabo) -it mght be fun for the hildren once you get the luggage issue solved! Lots of the other stuff may not be fun for the kids..

Archived