Booking Shore Excursions Online?

Jessica_2020

Has anybody booked shore excursions online through NCL??? On the Shore Excursions page they send you with your cruise docs it says you can book online at ncl.com but I cannot find out how to do it?? We are wanting to book Las Caletas Hideaway in PV and also Santa Maria Bay Snorkel in Cabos...has anybody done these excursions??? Also, do you think it would be safe to wait until we are on the ship, or is there a good chance that they will be booked??? We are leaving Oct. 28th for the mexican riviera! :)

Once you're on NCL's web page, click on "More Info". Then click on "Shore Excursions". On the right, you will see a list of all NCL's destinations. Click on the destination for your cruise. Then find your Cruise date and ship, and click on the red check mark (the column will say Pre-Register).

Hope this helps!

I tried it, the message said my order was being processed. When I called NCL a week later, they had no excursion reservations for us. CS was very helpful, booked our choice and sent me an email within 15 minutes of the call. Just call NCL and book directly. Much easier and you know they got the reservation.

We booked for Cabo (the sail and snorkel). I can see why you couldn't find the button to click as it is not obvious. Previous reply clarifies.

When we received the confirmation it was twice the advertised price and a second reservation done the same day had the same problem. I questioned through the provided email and it has been resolved. Interestingly with no comment or apology.

I was only able to book my excursion for Key West as I am on the 11/27 Majesty which has contingency plans to go to Cancun, rather than Cayman. They told me I would have to wait and book on the boat.

But as previously stated, my Key West excursion was confirmed via email (very quickly) and the price in the email was tripled. But they checked my on-board account, the correct balance was confirmed!

We did have trouble with our Alaska cruise this summer booking excursions online. We booked 2 -- one was fine, and the tickets were waiting for us. The 2nd one we didn't get tickets for, and they had no notice of our reservations. To compound problems, of course that excursion was sold out :eek:.

If you book online and don't get a confirmation by email, I would definitely call and confirm that your reservation has been processed. We were told that they were having trouble with the reservation system, and I would hesitate to trust it without a confirmation.

because they do fill up quickly. We had some problems with the tickets when we got to our room and had to go to the excursion desk. GET THERE EARLY! We were able to straighten out the problem. Check your invoice closely - we were then charged twice. No problem straightening that out.

We did the sail and snorkel on the cataraman - GREAT FUN!! The crew is fun, the cataraman is fun (go sit up front. No, you don't get wet up there :).) The snorkeling isn't the greatest, but I'm spoiled with the caribbean - and it was still fun! After snorkeling: let the party begin! Beer and marguaritas....and SHOTS!

We did the canopy tour in PV so can't help you there.

ute_fan: Go the excursion desk as soon as they open it - as I said - get there early! Be the first in line. You might still be able to book the "sold out" excursion. We were able to. They keep some slots open for mix-ups and cancellations.

Good luck and have fun :)!

cactgurl --

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, as it was only our 2nd cruise, we didn't realize that we should have had tickets to both excursions at the beginning. I'm pretty sure that on the Sea they were delivered to our cabin the night before (unless I'm totally losing it, which it possible), so we didn't think to question it until it was too late.

We were still able to go -- we just have to split our family of 4 up into 2 separate groups and go at different times. Kind of annoying, but definitely not enough to ruin the trip.

I have used the online booking for our excursions on the last two cruises we have taken. Never had a problem, but I do wait 4-7 days for the confirmation.

I also do this as soon as the excursions are posted.:D

If the ship was sailing in a month I would call to make my reservations.

I booked all my excursions online for my upcoming POA trip. It took about 2 days for me to get confirmation in a e-mail. Then when I got my documents for the entire trip I have a list of excursions I booked so they are confirmed.

One of my friends waited 3-4 days after me to book one of her excursions and it was sold out. This means 4 weeks before the cruise they were already selling out.

Since you are leaving in a week I would call direct and make reservations. We made some of ours online for our recent Wind cruise and had no problems. The tickets were in our room on arrival. However, since so many tours were offered for the Hawaii itinerary, the order page had a couple of duplicate numbers which I happened to catch ahead of time so posted this info on CC Hawaii shore excursion board. I called customer service at NCL and they were very accomodating and corrected the wrong number and I had email confirms almost immediately. Bon Voyage :):)

Thanks everybody for your replies!! Sounds like booking online at this time is probably not that great of an idea! I think I'll just call it in since there is only 7 days until we cruise!!! I hope the 2 excursions we want to do are not booked up! We figured we would do our own thing in Aculpolco and Zihuatenjo, hopefully it'll be lots of fun!!! :)

Archived