Sleeping arrangement for almost 3 yr old

Julienatul

Hi, We are going on the Inspiration at the end of the month and I am wondering what to do with our 3 yr old. Our cabin is an oceanview so it will have 2 lowers and an upper, no fold out couch. My DD is too big for a crib now but not yet old enough to be in an upper. DH has a bad back and I am pregnant so neither of us can use the upper either. What have others done?

I have a small Dora foam couch/bed I could bring for her and lay on the floor or possibly buy one of the blow-up beds at Walmart? Would she be comfortable on the floor. We cant sleep with her because she kicks horribly.

Julie

The two options would be to share the bed with her or bring a small child's blowup bed as you've suggested. The foam bed might be too bulky to be worth carrying along.

They do have some nice children's blowup beds that have sides that are pretty reasonably priced.

I got an error message with your link, Michele.

I once took a blow up bed on a trip and my child refused to sleep in it. So if you decide to go that route, make sure your child is used to the blow up bed before you lug it on a cruise.

I think using the mattress from the pull down bed is a better idea becaus it takes up no space or weight in your luggge!

Take the mattress off the pull down bed at night and put it on the floor:D . Problem solved. Your welcome.

What a great idea!!! I knew you all would have some great suggestions. I wont worry about lugging any bedding then. Perfect idea. Thanks so much :D :D :D :D

Cruisinmama thanks for the pic, that looks perfect.

Julie

Julie, just wanted to say Hello.. if you read this!

We were on the Victory with you last year...and we are going to miss you on the Inspiration this year by ONE WEEK!

I think putting the mattress of the upper bunk on the floor is a great idea. If that doesn't work, you can always ask for a rollaway bed, too.

Have fun and congrats on your upcoming new addition!

Cathy

Archived