solstice 2 day--dates?

hcat

What are the dates for the 2 day cruise in Nov?..

on the Royal thread someone said it is open for booking by the public but I could not find any info--do you have to go through a travel agency which have taken all the staterooms...

What are the dates for the 2 day cruise in Nov?..

on the Royal thread someone said it is open for booking by the public but I could not find any info--do you have to go through a travel agency which have taken all the staterooms...

Nov.21-23

Yes, you have to book through the TA

Oh well

I found the answer with google--it's Nov 21st unfortunately we'll be heading home from Florida the weekend before--seems like a great way to really be on the Inaugural (sorry if that is a sore topic with many) --one ad I found gave sky miles as a bonus! wish we lived in Forida!

We booked an AquaClass cabin yesterday...that's probably as close as we'll ever get to a suite, so we figured we'd better go for it. DH is more excited about this 'shorty' than the one we have in three weeks w/ RCCL !! More than one airline is offering FF miles also...just do some research.

I almost booked this today. I figured it would be easy to get away on a Friday/weekend. The one minus was no stops at all, but what the heck....I would experience the Solstice.

I still have not said no completely, but one thing that dismayed me is that there are CC benefits or credits while on this sailing. In other words, no credit is given for sailing this cruise :(

I almost booked this today. I figured it would be easy to get away on a Friday/weekend. The one minus was no stops at all, but what the heck....I would experience the Solstice.

It's funny, that was exactly why I booked. I love days at sea and actually prefer them to port days. Especially when you have a ship like the Solstice, you want as much time to see everything as possible!

We just found out about this sailing yesterday and are seriously thinking of booking. I agree it would be a great way to explore a brand new ship! I wanted to do the 3 day Eurodam in October but can't free up the days from work that week. I could do this one though and it would make me feel better about missing the new 'dam.

Credit MAY be given for this cruise. Hang tight.

I still have not said no completely, but one thing that dismayed me is that there are CC benefits or credits while on this sailing. In other words, no credit is given for sailing this cruise :(

Please do shed some light......I called both the agency and X and both told me no credit would be given, nor would any CC benefits be extended while on board.

If credits will be given, I'm as good as booked!

This is the ad I received from my TA. It mentions $300 credit on future cruises for booking this one. Maybe that's what people have seen?

We're excited to offer our customers the unique opportunity to be among the first guests to sail aboard the year's most eagerly-anticipated new cruise ship – the sensational Celebrity Solstice.

This special 2-night sailing departs from Ft. Lauderdale on Friday, November 21, and it's the perfect way to kick off the 2008 holiday season. We've chartered the entire ship, and we're able to offer all staterooms to our customers at exceptional (and exclusive) prices. Fares start at just $349. We're also treating Solstice

• Book An Inside Stateroom, Get A FREE Upgrade Into A Balcony Stateroom

• Book An Oceanview Stateroom, Get A FREE Upgrade Into A Concierge Class Balcony Stateroom

• FREE Future Cruise Onboard Credit Worth Up To $300

• A Special Surprise Offer For Group Bookings (10+ Staterooms)

Yes, I think most of the Internet travel agencies are showing the identical ad. I think in order to receive the $300.00 credit, you'll have to book your future cruise while on Solstice, even if it's a 'phantom' cruise - where you don't have a specific date, ship, etc., in mind - all you know is that you're going to cruise sometime in the future!!

I'll gladly and gratefully accept any and all perks, bonuses, credits, and enhancements that are offered !!! :D

Credits will be given - it was just announced.

Please do shed some light......I called both the agency and X and both told me no credit would be given, nor would any CC benefits be extended while on board.

If credits will be given, I'm as good as booked!

I really wanted to book this before my cruise on 11/23. I though it would be great fun to get off one ship and onto another. This was until I realized what a nightmare the air travel would be with three one way flights. Chicago to Ft. Lauderdale then Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando and Orlando back to Chicago. If I could find a TA willing to pay our airfare I'd do it. Maybe I should see what's sailing out of Miami on 11/23.

Archived