Travel For German Citizens - Carnival

RetdCruizers

We will be cruising on Carnival, traveling to the Western Caribbean in February 2009....along with our family will be a young couple (and their children) from Germany. Does anyone know if there are required visas for either Jamaica, Grand Cayman or Cozumel for German citizens?

We want to ensure that all documents are in order before we arrive in Houston, prior to sailing. :eek: I suspect that we will be just fine, but our travel agent had no idea what, if anything, will be needed.

Thanks in advance.

We will be cruising on Carnival, traveling to the Western Caribbean in February 2009..

..along with our family will be a young couple (and their children) from Germany.

Does anyone know if there are required visas for either Jamaica, Grand Cayman or Cozumel for German citizens?

We want to ensure that all documents are in order before we arrive in Houston, prior to sailing. :eek:

I suspect that we will be just fine, but our travel agent had no idea what, if anything, will be needed.

Thanks in advance.

You're travelling on a European Union passport?

That's just one step away from God -who travels on a USA passport! :)

You're cool.

If you have any further doubts

you need to contact your local Ministry of Foreign Affairs(or whatever the EU equivalent is)

and ask them - they have the real answers!

But honestly I think you don't need any thing except your EU passport of lots of Euros

although you should change your Euros into U.S.Dollar$ for this part of the world.

You're travelling on a European Union passport?

That's just one step away from God -who travels on a USA passport! :)

You're cool.

If you have any further doubts

you need to contact your local Ministry of Foreign Affairs(or whatever the EU equivalent is)

and ask them - they have the real answers!

But honestly I think you don't need any thing except your EU passport of lots of Euros

although you should change your Euros into U.S.Dollar$ for this part of the world.

No, our family are all US citizens and the young couple are from Germany (he lived with us while he was an exchange student, here in the US, about 10 years ago) and has become "one of our family" but is a foreign national. We will be traveling (along with God :) ) on US passports and they will have EU Passports.

My concern is that our German "son" and his wife and children will be arriving in Texas about a week prior to the cruise and if there are any visas required (or other documents) I want to make certain that we've handled it before we try to board the ship in Houston. :eek: I don't want to wave goodbye to them as they stand alone on the dock in Houston.

Thanks for your reply and I will have them check with their consulate before they leave Europe...AND I'll tell them to bring a bunch of Euros for conversion !!

Thanks again.

Hi - your family will have a great cruise!

My husband is German and we live over here. We took a cruise out of Tampa on RCCL and another out of San Juan on Celebrity and he needed no extra documents or visas other than the usual one he gets at the airport when entering the US. The cruise line kept his passport while onboard the ship and they apparently handled any documentation for him if needed. We visited Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, & Costa Maya on the RCCL cruise, Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, the DR, and St. Thomas on the Celebrity cruise.

His passport was returned to him both times the last night onboard.

Hope this helps!

Hi - your family will have a great cruise!

My husband is German and we live over here. We took a cruise out of Tampa on RCCL and another out of San Juan on Celebrity and he needed no extra documents or visas other than the usual one he gets at the airport when entering the US. The cruise line kept his passport while onboard the ship and they apparently handled any documentation for him if needed. We visited Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, & Costa Maya on the RCCL cruise, Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, the DR, and St. Thomas on the Celebrity cruise.

His passport was returned to him both times the last night onboard.

Hope this helps!

Courtenay: Thank you so much for your most helpful information. I was hoping that someone had firsthand information regarding any visas needed. The young couple that is going with us doesn't have a lot of extra money to spend on visas/documentation and I doubted that we could do it for them, since they would have to take care of the issues in Germany. At any rate, it seems that all will be just fine and they can enjoy a bit of Texas and then some relaxing times in the Caribbean. Thanks again and I'm sure we will have a wonderful "family" trip. ;)

Archived