Has anyone toured Athens with Spyros Taxi?

We booked a 5 hour Athens tour with Spyros Taxi for our October eastern mediterranean cruise. Has anyone had any experience with him? I think I have read tons of posts, but only one mentioned him.

Thanks!

We used a man called Spiros (spiros taxi service) 3 years ago. He was reliable and informative. Can't remember too much more than that.

When we went back last summer we used another service called Greek Taxi:

http://www.***** and we preferred his tour.

I don't think you will go wrong with either one but i would certainly book again with Paul at Greek taxi.

enjoy

We used Spiros Taxi Service (AthensTaxi dot net) in May for one of our two days in Athens. I assume this is the same guy you are asking about . . . but it could be a different taxi company. Spiros, George and Mike seem to be common names in the Athens taxi business.

I'm not sure how many drivers Spiros has but we ended up with Mike. I must say we were a bit surprised it wasn't Spiros himself since we had made the arrangements a full 10 months ahead of time and in all our email correspondence he led us to believe that he would be the one driving us. Mike was fine though, spoke excellent English, and gave us a nice full day of Athens with lots of history and cultural information.

Mike was waiting for us at the pier when our ship docked in Piraeus and drove us to Athens. Our full day included the Acropolis, Temple of Zeus, Old Olympic Stadium, changing of the guards at Parliament, Lycabettus Hill, the Presidential Palace for the changing of the guards (the Greeks really like their guards!), the Roman Agora and the Ancient Agora. In the middle of the day he took us to a local taverna for an excellent and inexpensive meal (10 euros each). While we were eating, Mike ducked out and picked up some baklava from a bakery he said had "the best in Athens". He dropped us at our hotel in the Plaka around 4:00 pm.

We were on our own for our 2nd day in Athens and we walked to the Archeological Musuem and spent several hours there. I highly recommend a visit to this museum - one of the best of its kind in the world.

This is probably more information than you were asking for - especially if I have the wrong Spiros!

Has anyone who booked with Spiros (athenstaxi dot net) actually had Spiros himself as a guide??

We also booked him about 10 months ahead of our tour date and he confirmed that he will be personally available.

I booked Spiros taxi to get Spiros, not Mike or George! :confused:

I think this is a different Spyros than the Athens Taxi Spiros. Two different web sites. I hope this Spyros is as good as the Athens Taxi Spiros. I'm sure the tours are similar. I like the fact that Athens Taxi said he is a non-smoker, but hopefully the Spyros we booked won't smoke in the cab (allergic).

I like the fact that Athens Taxi said he is a non-smoker . . .

When I was doing the online research for Athens taxi services, I was struck by how many of them claimed to be "one of the few" non-smoking taxi services in Athens. It seemed that every driver out there was saying he's not a smoker. And that's good, because Athens? Brace yourself. It's got highest ratio of smokers in the entire EU. It's especially annoying at the outdoor cafes - it's hard not to end up surrounded by people lighting up throughout their meal. This is one city were it's wise to eat at the so-called tourist restaurants - fewer tourists are smokers!

Archived