Balcony's vs interiors

Granny1

I know there has been alot of talk about the balconys and believe you me I would love to have one, but what is the percentage of getting a 7A if you book a guarantee balcony..Someome did say that usually the gurantees come up 8A but what would the percentage be to end up with a 7A obstructed view ?????? I am planning on taking my sister on her first cruise and would love to be able for her to sit on the balcony in the mornings...We are close to booking and just can't make up my mind because if I would end up with a obstructed view I might as well have a interior room..

Thanks for all your ideas that everyone has posted and the information that you all have given.. You all are special class of people...

Happy Crusing to you all:D :D :D

If you book early and get a few upgrade specials the extra balcony cost is not too bad.

But...get a balcony! We had our first last year and won't go without one! (if it's available). There is no comparison to an interior room and a balcony. You wake up first thing in the morning and have room service bring a couple pots of coffee and fruit plates to your room and sit on the balcony. That's nice! Also, in the afternoon, after your excursion, you can sit out there and relax until dinner! You'll use the balcony more than you think you will! It's just so easy! It's there, so you naturally walk out!

I love 'em!

Whatever you decide, have fun! :)

I know there has been alot of talk about the balconys and believe you me I would love to have one, but what is the percentage of getting a 7A if you book a guarantee balcony..Someome did say that usually the gurantees come up 8A but what would the percentage be to end up with a 7A obstructed view ?????? I am planning on taking my sister on her first cruise and would love to be able for her to sit on the balcony in the mornings...We are close to booking and just can't make up my mind because if I would end up with a obstructed view I might as well have a interior room..

Thanks for all your ideas that everyone has posted and the information that you all have given.. You all are special class of people...

There may be a chance of getting a 7A obstructed view, but still comparing that to an iside is apples to oranges. It is still a balcony, with outside access and alot more light. you can still see straight out ahead of you. So, I would take that over an inside any day.

You used to never get less than a 8A with a BL guarantee, but there is a thread saying in the future this will change, but you should not get less than a 8A with your guarantee at this time.

I dont see why a obstructed view is like a inside, it just gives you more to look at. You can still sit out on the balcony, but I know 7As arent for everyone, but Id take one lol.

Iv never read one case here that someone got a 7A with a BL guarantee. (but that may change in the future if you read the other thread posted)

Not sure how you would compare a obstructed view balcony cabin with a inside cabin lol!

If you really want one, save up the money and get one. You will not regret it!!!

I don't know how it's obstructed on the other ships, but when I talked to Carnival, they said on the Legend the only obstruction is that if you look directly down you see lifeboats, but you can see everything in front of you.

In June of this year, DH and I sailed on the Miracle and were able to get an extended balcony cabin for less than the price of an inside cabin...I am still amazed on how I accomplished that, but I just kept checking Carnival's website and other TA webpages, and one day this particular cabin showed up and I just booked it at the second I saw it. I am sooooo spoiled now. I would have been willing to pay additional for a balcony as I had never had one before this and I have been on 16 cruises and this year was our 25th annv and my 50th birthday so I was going to splurge on the balcony, but the deal I got enabled DH and myself to save money and spend it otherwise...we spent a lot of time on the balcony and it's so great to see the sunrise and sunset sitting on the balcony...go for the balcony..you won't regret it!

I`d suggest you book a cabin you choose instead of a guarantee. Picking your own cabin is so much nicer because you can pick it according to where you do not want to be located!

I have one cruise booked as a guarantee and I specified where on the ship I want to be--by the atrium elevators!

Archived