warm chocolate melting cake

travelingran

Hi all!

I too am addicted to this wonderful dessert:D There is a great website for Carnival Cruisers' - link here:

www.seauonboard.com

Not only is there great tips/cabin info etc. regarding all things Carnival, but they have listed a copy of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

Chocolate Melting Cake

1-3/4 C. Chocolate chips Semi sweet

1-3/4 C. butter (I used sticks of margarine)

9 large eggs

1/2+1/16 C. sugar

2/3 C. flour

Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler. Mix half the eggs and sugar in large bowl. Wisk well, then add flour. Mix well, then add remaining eggs. Pour chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir well.

Pour into ramekins and bake at 400 F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Set them on a cookie sheet. Don't cook any longer than 10 minutes even if it still doesn't look quite done. White ramekins cook it correctly. They tend to get over done when using the clear dishes.

Serve with Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and it is delicious.

Serves 12

I have used this recipe and found it almost identical to what we had on Spirit.

janette:D :D

Hi all!

I am too addict to this wonderful dessert:D There is a great website for Carnival Cruisers' - link here:

www.seauonboard.com

Not only is there great tips/cabin info etc. regarding all things Carnival, but they have listed a copy of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

Chocolate Melting Cake

1-3/4 C. Chocolate chips Semi sweet

1-3/4 C. butter (I used sticks of margarine)

9 large eggs

1/2+1/16 C. sugar

2/3 C. flour

Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler. Mix half the eggs and sugar in large bowl. Wisk well, then add flour. Mix well, then add remaining eggs. Pour chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir well.

Pour into ramekins and bake at 400 F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Set them on a cookie sheet. Don't cook any longer than 10 minutes even if it still doesn't look quite done. White ramekins cook it correctly. They tend to get over done when using the clear dishes.

Serve with Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and it is delicious.

Serves 12

I have used this recipe and found it almost identical to what we had on Spirit.

janette:D :D

I just made this yesterday and after searching for a good recipe I came upon this one.

Chocolate Lava Muffins

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

Show:

Good Eats

Episode:

The Art of Darkness

8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

1 stick butter

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup sugar

4 tablespoons flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 eggs

Butter, to coat muffin tin

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

1 cup vanilla ice cream

1 teaspoon espresso powder

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and butter in the bowl. Stir in vanilla.

In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Sift these into the chocolate and mix well with electric hand mixer. Add eggs one at time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next. Beat at high until batter is creamy and lightens in color, approximately 4 minutes. Chill mixture.

Coat the top and each cup of the muffin tin with butter. Dust with the cocoa powder and shake out excess. Spoon mixture into pan using a 4-ounce scoop or ladle. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. Outsides should be cake-like and centers should be gooey.

While muffins are in oven, melt the ice cream in a small saucepan. Stir in the espresso powder. Serve over warm muffins.

I made it without the sauce and put cupcake wrappers inside the pan so it wouldn't make a mess. They were absolutely delicious! They tasted ALMOST as good as Carnival's. And on top of that, they reheat pretty well. 15 seconds in the microwave and they were almost as good as right out of the oven. And I am not a cook, but this was very very easy and came out perfect.

UPSIDE DOWN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients:

1 c. Bisquick

1/3 c. plus 3 TBS. unsweetened cocoa

1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. sugar

1/2 c. milk

1 2/3 c. hot tap water

Directions:

Mix Bisquick, 1/2 c. sugar, 3 TBS. cocoa, milk and vanilla. Spoon batter evenly into lightly greased crock-pot. Mix remaining sugar, cocoa and water. Pour over batter. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until batter no longer looks shiny on top. Once baked, a layer or cake will top a pudding-like layer.

ENJOY!!!!

UPSIDE DOWN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Ingredients:

1 c. Bisquick

1/3 c. plus 3 TBS. unsweetened cocoa

1 tsp. vanilla

1 c. sugar

1/2 c. milk

1 2/3 c. hot tap water

Directions:

Mix Bisquick, 1/2 c. sugar, 3 TBS. cocoa, milk and vanilla. Spoon batter evenly into lightly greased crock-pot. Mix remaining sugar, cocoa and water. Pour over batter. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until batter no longer looks shiny on top. Once baked, a layer or cake will top a pudding-like layer.

ENJOY!!!!

Oh, I am SO trying that! Thanks for posting it. :)

That happened to me too - I didn't try anything else on the dessert menu the entire time, and now I crave it! :D

Then you are missing out on THE best dessert, IMHO. ;)

Bitter & Blanc! Try it....I loved it so much more than the WCMC. I know, blasphemous to say here on CC. :D

Bitter & Blanc is a warm brioche bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce and a dollop of semi sweet chocolate in the bottom of the ramekin....don't miss out on this one folks! :D

Then you are missing out on THE best dessert, IMHO. ;)

Bitter & Blanc! Try it....I loved it so much more than the WCMC. I know, blasphemous to say here on CC. :D

Bitter & Blanc is a warm brioche bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce and a dollop of semi sweet chocolate in the bottom of the ramekin....don't miss out on this one folks! :D

Alphakitty, I think you have just settled the case for me and DH: I have to book another cruise because I have to have some B&B!! I have heard it's good though, and intend on being a bit more selective next time... but darn, I just couldn't get enough chocolate this time! :D Thanks for the description - mouth is watering. :)

Archived