warm chocolate melting cake

travelingran

The recipes attached to the previous thread are good.

I've perfected it myself and it's the real thing.

Some advice:

1. IT has to be served hot. Warmed up later will not work.

2. Do NOT overcook.

3. Use the little 4 oz white ramekins. The glass ones over cook it.

Enjoy!

I have to say that the few times I have seen it in person it was pretty much a bowl of hot pudding. Where was the cake part? :confused:

I thought it was like not-completely-cooked cake batter. Maybe that's the "cake" part?

:confused: just returned from med cruise. i need the recipe for the warm chocolate melting cake. it is the best thing i have had in a long time. i could not try anything else on because i wanted to eat it every night. :confused:

Madi, Since you are from Dallas, I'm betting you have heard of Jill Conner Browne & the Sweet Potato Queens. Get a copy of her Big A$$ Cookbook & Financial Planner. It's funny as heck and the recipe for "The Chocolate Stuff" is in there. It is fabulous and very easy to make.

First time I had the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, I entertained my husband for the entire dessert by alternately swooning and swearing that JCB should be sueing Carnival!

Enjoy!

Chocolate Melting Cake Recipe

Makes 5

13 oz/370 gm Dark chocolate (semi sweet)

13 oz/370 gm Butter unsalted

8 ea Egg yolk

7 ea Whole Egg

8.5 oz/250 gm Sugar

6 oz/170 gm Flour

1. Melt chocolate and butter together until 64 degrees C

2. Blend egg yolks, egg white, and sugar together then add to butter-chocolate mixture

3. Add flour

4. Pour into ramekins

5. Bake directly in oven at 200 C/375 F for 8 mins

Has anyone tried making a yellow melting cake? I'm one of the few who doesn't care for the chocolate melting cake, but that is because I am not a fan of rich chocolate. However, I think it would be fabulous in a yellow cake flavor, or really anything but chocolate. :)

I also have a variation of this that is made in a crock-pot. Very tasty! If anyone is interested I can post the recipe.

I have been making it for years, so the first time I tried WCMC on a Carnival ship, I immediately thought it tasted like my Chocolate Crock-Pot Cake. :D

I also have a variation of this that is made in a crock-pot. Very tasty! If anyone is interested I can post the recipe.

I have been making it for years, so the first time I tried WCMC on a Carnival ship, I immediately thought it tasted like my Chocolate Crock-Pot Cake. :D

please post it

:confused: just returned from med cruise. i need the recipe for the warm chocolate melting cake. it is the best thing i have had in a long time. i could not try anything else on because i wanted to eat it every night. :confused:

That happened to me too - I didn't try anything else on the dessert menu the entire time, and now I crave it! :D

...but that is because I am not a fan of rich chocolate. However, I think it would be fabulous in a yellow cake flavor, or really anything but chocolate. :)

The trick is, ya hafta cut that rich chocolate overload with a little vanilla or pecan praline ice cream. ;)

i ve read so much about this Warm Melting Cake..

can some describe the texture and taste?..im dying

to give it a try..

I thought it tasted like a brownie on the outside and warm chocolate fudge/pudding on the inside. I didn't know it would be served with ice cream and didn't eat that part the first night. Then I tried dipping a spoonfull of ice cream into the chocolate the next night and WOW! :eek: Soooooo yummy!!

:eek: This is really not what I expected to hear when I came to the Carnival threads today folks. Do you all realize that I'm trying to do Atkins and that now I have to dream about this Melting Cake that everybody's been harping about!!!? Ok, ok, I'm calm. LOL

Hillcountry, I am so jealous that you just returned from your Conquest cruise. Oh goodness, I have to wait till December. It's killing me! Why did my mom have to teach this semester, WHY!! I want chocolate melting cake NOW! LOL Ok, I've lost it. Off to go find it again.

In the meantime, how bout you all be ever so nice and post those recipes, especially the one that can be cooked in a crockpot. ;)

Erica :rolleyes:

hmm lots of debates on this ....do a search on warm melting cake recipe. There is along one with different recipes. I was trying to post one but it kept changing. so check it out.[/quote

i dont see the big thing with this dessert, to me is just some sort of bronie with vanilla ice cream, it was okay, but not the big thing they made here lol

anyways cheerleaders that is just my honest opinion.lol

Hi all!

I am too addict to this wonderful dessert:D There is a great website for Carnival Cruisers' - link here:

www.seauonboard.com

Not only is there great tips/cabin info etc. regarding all things Carnival, but they have listed a copy of Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

Chocolate Melting Cake

1-3/4 C. Chocolate chips Semi sweet

1-3/4 C. butter (I used sticks of margarine)

9 large eggs

1/2+1/16 C. sugar

2/3 C. flour

Melt chocolate chips and butter in double boiler. Mix half the eggs and sugar in large bowl. Wisk well, then add flour. Mix well, then add remaining eggs. Pour chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir well.

Pour into ramekins and bake at 400 F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Set them on a cookie sheet. Don't cook any longer than 10 minutes even if it still doesn't look quite done. White ramekins cook it correctly. They tend to get over done when using the clear dishes.

Serve with Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and it is delicious.

Serves 12

I have used this recipe and found it almost identical to what we had on Spirit.

janette:D :D

Archived