Suite information needed!

MotherofTrips

We are sailing in November on the Triumph. It is our first time staying in a suite...actually it is our first time having a balcony! I have a few questions..

How nice are the suites?

Is the service any different when staying in a suite?

Is there a laundry room on the floor?

How large is the tub that has a whirlpool?

I was told that we had a choice of what type of pillows and sheets we want on the bed. What are the options?

Any information would be appreciated.

Im not sure what you consider a mini suite. I know Princess uses that term, but in regard to Carnival?? Is that a cat 11 suite?

Yes, I am sorry. I was calling it a mini suite as to not confuse it with the Penthouse Suite. Yes it is a Cat 11. Do you have any info or pictures for me?

I did edit my post so not to confuse anyone.

Here's my best shot:

We are sailing in November on the Triumph. It is our first time staying in a suite...actually it is our first time having a balcony! I have a few questions..

How nice are the suites?

We have done to Cat 11 suites on the Miracle and the Valor. The suites are beautiful. Ours have had a queen bed, sofa, table and chair. In addition there is a closet, make-up area/vanity outisde the bathroom. Carnival uses mirrors in the suite, thus making them appear larger than they are. If my memory is correct I believe they are known within the industry to have the best cabins afloat.

Is the service any different when staying in a suite? Not sure about this one, Cat 11 is all we've ever done.

Is there a laundry room on the floor? There were facilities on both ships we were on. Ask your cabin steward to point the way. Bring your own quarters for the washer, dryer, and soap machine. Irons are also available.

How large is the tub that has a whirlpool? The tub is pretty much your standard sized bathtub ~ only difference is there are jets in it. Be careful not to turn the jets on full blast if you've been unfortunate enough to get a sunburn - OUCH!!! In addition, there were two sinks in the bathroom and plenty of storage space.

I was told that we had a choice of what type of pillows and sheets we want on the bed. What are the options?

I guess I wasn't really aware of this option. The bed was comfy enough with what was on it that it suited are needs. Matter of fact I slept so good I don't even remember sleeping (and no I don't really drink:) )!!!!

Have fun and ENJOY yourself.

We did this Category in February on the Freedom. It was very nice. Room was great. Priority Boarding in Miami was great. We were having lunch by noon. In room by 1:00. We actually had all our suitcases by 1:30 or 2:00. We actually had a couple of different laundry rooms down the hall. The sitting room is nice for the ladies to put your make up on. I loved the jet tub. It is so relaxing. Extra draws and closets too. I loved it. We already booked it again for next February on the same ship but different itinerary. We will be trying the new Exotic Western One. Service was beyond wonderful on this ship. Enjoy your cruise.

DH and I had a cat 11 on the Victory (Triumph sister ship) and loved it. The extra 'vanity' area was great for getting ready! It was our first time using the VIP boarding and it was fantastic. DH said the VIP boarding alone was worth the cost of the suite! :D Lucky for us, our next cruise (11 days!!!) is platinum, so VIP, here we come! Also, we LOVED the larger bathroom. Never used the tub :o but really liked that the shower had a glass door. Nice to not have the shower curtain ummmm hugging you when you're showering. It should at least buy you a drink first...:eek: Enjoy your suite and take good care of the Triumph for us. We'll be on in Dec! :)

DH and I had a cat 11 on the Victory (Triumph sister ship) and loved it. The extra 'vanity' area was great for getting ready! It was our first time using the VIP boarding and it was fantastic. DH said the VIP boarding alone was worth the cost of the suite! :D Lucky for us, our next cruise (11 days!!!) is platinum, so VIP, here we come! Also, we LOVED the larger bathroom. Never used the tub :o but really liked that the shower had a glass door. Nice to not have the shower curtain ummmm hugging you when you're showering. It should at least buy you a drink first...:eek: Enjoy your suite and take good care of the Triumph for us. We'll be on in Dec! :)

My husband and I will be on the Victory in Oct. We have a 9A wrap. We are thinking of upgrading to a Cat. 11. any thoughts on if it would be worth the extra cost,is the room much bigger...... Thanks for any advise.

and Happy Sailing ~~~

My husband and I will be on the Victory in Oct. We have a 9A wrap. We are thinking of upgrading to a Cat. 11. any thoughts on if it would be worth the extra cost,is the room much bigger...... Thanks for any advise.

and Happy Sailing ~~~

Hmmm I can't really compare yet. DH and I are booked for a 9A on the Triumph in Dec, but I can't tell from the pics the real size though. Our 9A balcony is DEFINITELY bigger, but I'm sure the room is smaller. The bathroom is going to be bigger with the Cat 11 and the dressing/makeup area is a bonus. I'm sure someone here can find the square footage difference. Although we really liked the Cat 11 and VIP boarding, we probably won't do it again unless it's a smokin' deal.

I did apparently block out the negative (no flaming please - this was my experience). A lot of families book the suites, and we happened to win the Satan children neighbor lottery. :eek: (Totally blame the parents here...) Starting at 7:00 am every day we would hear the kids fighting and screaming at each other on the balcony for about half an hour, followed by the parents literally screaming at the kids, and then the kids yelling back about how much they hated their parents. :eek: Followed by doors slamming repeatedly until the little darlings went off to Camp Carnival. I have never had the desire to harm children except for that cruise. My favorite quote from 9 year old darling Damien - I'm going to punch your eye out out of your head with this fist right here! to his 6 year old sister. :rolleyes: Followed by the dad threatening to spank him. On the bright side, we never needed an alarm clock. :D

If I were offered an upgrade to a suite for a good price, I'd probably take it, but I don't think I'd pay to book one now that we're platinum. So honestly, I guess it depends on what the cost is to upgrade. Also, the neighbors will make all the difference. I've heard FANTASTIC things about the 9As though, and am looking forward to the wrap balcony. All that being said, we loved the room and thoroughly enjoyed it for the experience, but probably wouldn't book one again.

Hmmm I can't really compare yet. DH and I are booked for a 9A on the Triumph in Dec, but I can't tell from the pics the real size though. Our 9A balcony is DEFINITELY bigger, but I'm sure the room is smaller. The bathroom is going to be bigger with the Cat 11 and the dressing/makeup area is a bonus. I'm sure someone here can find the square footage difference. Although we really liked the Cat 11 and VIP boarding, we probably won't do it again unless it's a smokin' deal.

I did apparently block out the negative (no flaming please - this was my experience). A lot of families book the suites, and we happened to win the Satan children neighbor lottery. :eek: (Totally blame the parents here...) Starting at 7:00 am every day we would hear the kids fighting and screaming at each other on the balcony for about half an hour, followed by the parents literally screaming at the kids, and then the kids yelling back about how much they hated their parents. :eek: Followed by doors slamming repeatedly until the little darlings went off to Camp Carnival. I have never had the desire to harm children except for that cruise. My favorite quote from 9 year old darling Damien - I'm going to punch your eye out out of your head with this fist right here! to his 6 year old sister. :rolleyes: Followed by the dad threatening to spank him. On the bright side, we never needed an alarm clock. :D

If I were offered an upgrade to a suite for a good price, I'd probably take it, but I don't think I'd pay to book one now that we're platinum. So honestly, I guess it depends on what the cost is to upgrade. Also, the neighbors will make all the difference. I've heard FANTASTIC things about the 9As though, and am looking forward to the wrap balcony. All that being said, we loved the room and thoroughly enjoyed it for the experience, but probably wouldn't book one again.

You are to funny.....:D With that being said , thanks for the advice, and there is no smokin' deal here, so looks like hubby and I will stay put, and hope the shower curtain behaves!:eek: Enjoy your cruise...... Look forward to your review....... Happy Sailing ~~~

You are to funny.....:D With that being said , thanks for the advice, and there is no smokin' deal here, so looks like hubby and I will stay put, and hope the shower curtain behaves!:eek: Enjoy your cruise...... Look forward to your review....... Happy Sailing ~~~

Thanks! I plan on taking notes this time and actually writing a review. I always have the best intentions, and then forget everything by the time I get home. :rolleyes:

I have heard that taking clothes pins (like for hanging laundry) will help keep the shower curtain from fondling you though. May try that next time. :p At this point though, I'm used to it...

Anyway, the Victory is a lovely ship, and I hope you have a great time. I've read reviews where folks said it was gaudy and ugly, but I honestly think it's the prettiest Carnival ship we've sailed on so far. The green stained glass in the atrium is gorgeous! Fair warning though - watch out for the seahorses on the staircases. They do indeed bite. :D My thighs (outer, thank you very much) were bruised to heck after that trip. Bites tended to be more likely after drinking though...:D

I stayed in a Cat. 11 on the Triumph in February. Here is some pictures of the ship and the room (7315) on my webshots page http://travel.webshots.com/album/562688005HXuAmH

Hope it helps

:)

Thank you so much for the great photos of the room. I saw the picture of the jogging track. Does anyone know how many times around for 1 mile?

Their comfort bedding is wonderful....it comes with or without feathers. Some people are allergic to feathered down pillows and comforters. If you are, they will replace them with the synthetic ones.....which are just as great as the down-filled.

Archived