Carnival Miracle Out of New York

franncos

If anyone has taken this cruise out of NY this summer can you give a quick review. How were the waves going back and forth to the Carribbean? Also was their a sail away party when leaving NY. I am thinking of taken this cruise next summer. If possible I am looking for some feed back on this cruise.

Thanks

I've done the Miracle once and the Legend (same class ship) twice, out of NY.

No problem with waves and it's a wonderful sail out to sea, going by Ellis Island, the southern tip of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. There is a sailaway party on the Lido deck, but we have never gone to it. We always get an aft cabin and the view from our balcony is spectacular. We just pour a drink and head out to balcony. I love the 2 days at sea there and back.

We are planning on this cruise next September and as you can see, we leave in 23 days for our next Legend cruise out of Tampa. We love the Spirit class ships.

We took the Miracle out of NY last August. It was our very first cruise. We heard all kinds of stuff about rough waters until you hit the open waters...Etc....We didnt feel anything.

Being our first cruise we were nervous. Was myself with the Mrs and two kids. We LOVED the ship and the ports we visited. Although we had nothing to compare it too I will tell you this.....We booked the same ship for Janurary because we had such a good time.

PS This time NO KIDS lol

I've done the Miracle once and the Legend (same class ship) twice, out of NY.

No problem with waves and it's a wonderful sail out to sea, going by Ellis Island, the southern tip of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. There is a sailaway party on the Lido deck, but we have never gone to it. We always get an aft cabin and the view from our balcony is spectacular. We just pour a drink and head out to balcony. I love the 2 days at sea there and back.

We are planning on this cruise next September and as you can see, we leave in 23 days for our next Legend cruise out of Tampa. We love the Spirit class ships.

Hi Linda!!!!!! Are you flying??? :D

Hi Linda!!!!!! Are you flying??? :D

Oh my God! Terri, I'm flying!!!!! I'm scared out of my fricking mind and having an awful time getting into the excitement. I don't even have my bags out yet, and waited so long to fill out my edocs, that they sent me paper ones. My friends are all laughing at me, but I'll just pop a few Xanax and hope I sleep through it! We have a non-stop from Albany round trip, so no stopping and starting. But this 2 suitcase thing is a pain.

Can't wait for our next trip in 09. We're back on the Miracle out of NYC! When's your next cruise?

We've sailed out of the NY & Bayonne,NJ ports 6 times and it seemed as though each time it was either rough seas the first day going down or the last day coming back. We sailed in April, May, June, Sept (twice) & Oct.

The Lady will be on the starboard side (right side of the ship facing forward) going out of Manhattan. The city will be on the port side. I always bounce back from one side to the other. We live just outside of NYC in NJ and have cruised out of Manhattan so many times, but seeing the Lady can still make me tremble and bring tears to my eyes. We have some awesome pictures of the Twin Towers sailing out too. :( Bring your binocs so you can gaze at all the details of not only Lady Liberty, but also the hustle and bustle of the city streets. Manhattan cruise terminal is nothing to brag about, but cruising out of here is a great experience. Have a great cruise!

We live just outside of NYC in NJ and have cruised out of Manhattan so many times, but seeing the Lady can still make me tremble and bring tears to my eyes. Manhattan cruise terminal is nothing to brag about, but cruising out of here is a great experience. Have a great cruise!

Although we won't be sailing on The Triumph out of NYC until October of '09, I had a couple of questions about the Pier :

Do all of Carnival's Ships use the same Manhattan Cruise Terminal / Pier ?

Which airport is closer / more convenient / cheaper to get to and from the ship --- La Guardia, JFK, or Newark ?

Although we won't be sailing on The Triumph out of NYC until October of '09, I had a couple of questions about the Pier :

Do all of Carnival's Ships use the same Manhattan Cruise Terminal / Pier ?

Which airport is closer / more convenient / cheaper to get to and from the ship --- La Guardia, JFK, or Newark ?

Don't know if all carnival ships use the same pier - but they are all close together. LGA or EWR are closest. LGA may be a little cheaper to get to the pier.

We've sailed down to the Caribbean from NY in early September twice. The first time, there was noticeable rocking one evening, and the waters apparently got quite rough overnight. I slept through it, but when I walked into the bathroom in the middle of the night, being half-asleep I couldn't quite figure out why everything was on the floor! From there on, it was smooth sailing. The second time, the waters were quite rough on one of the sea days on our way back. Kind of exciting to watch and experience if you're not prone to seasickness.

Just sailed on the Miracle this year (7/12). The ship was slightly rocky the second day/night at sea, but nothing major. My friend who is very prone to sea sickness was sick that night, but got the free anti-motion meds from the purser's desk and felt fine by the next morning. The other 17 people in our group suffered no sickness at all...

I don't recall any noticeable rocking on the way back to NY.

Archived