What is the best hour to embark with kids.

oavcech95

I'd get on as early as possible, drop your carry-ons in your room then run up to the buffet for a nice lunch before the crowds get too large. After that, its a good chance to explore the ship, learn where the teen centre and fun factory are (keep the kids happy) and book any shore excursions/specialty restaurants.

We like to get on as early as possible too. The kids usually want something to eat right away and of course the glass of champagne the adults get on Celebrity while boarding. We then take the kids and explore the ship.

Both of your kids are old enough that a short wait in line should be more than doable! But, to get your money's worth, boarding day IS day 1 of the cruise and getting there early gives you more time on that ship that you've paid to use!

Definitely get on as early as possible, grab some lunch, and hit the swimming pools. Usually, there are very few people at the pool during those first few hours, which makes it super-fun for the kids to have the "run of the place".

To do so, be sure you pack your swimsuits and suntan lotion in your carry-on, as your suitcase won't be delivered until much later on.

CeleBrat

• Administrators
What do you mean, like at what time they accept persons going inside the cruise? I dont know.:confused: ;)

What cruise are you on and where is it sailing from? We might be able to figure out what time you can begin embarking based on that information, but it also should be in your cruise documents.

We could say, well, if sailaway is at 1:00 PM you should board at 9:00 AM, but that won't help you if your cruiseline doesn't permit you to begin boarding until 11:00 AM.

Without more information from you, the best any of us can say is what has been said -- get up and get to the pier as soon as you can that morning. You might have to wait for the check-in counters to open, but that way you will be onboard truly "as soon as possible."

Have a great trip!

What cruise are you on and where is it sailing from? We might be able to figure out what time you can begin embarking based on that information, but it also should be in your cruise documents.

We could say, well, if sailaway is at 1:00 PM you should board at 9:00 AM, but that won't help you if your cruiseline doesn't permit you to begin boarding until 11:00 AM.

Without more information from you, the best any of us can say is what has been said -- get up and get to the pier as soon as you can that morning. You might have to wait for the check-in counters to open, but that way you will be onboard truly "as soon as possible."

Have a great trip!

Well the sailway is at 1:00 p.m. so I think if we get there like from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. will be perfect, no?:D

Hello,

For our cruise last week, there were 6 of us, 5 adults and a 4 yr old.

Our ship was set to leave at 4pm so we left our hotel at 11am. We were at the port and checked in by 1230pm.

We went up on the lido deck, ate lunch, looked around and by 130pm, our rooms were ready.

This embarkation was very easy, although you have to keep in mind that you will have traffic and crowds with people leaving the ship from the previous sailing. The port was very crowded.

When we got back, we were the last to leave the ship and did not get off until noon--so we ran into crowds of people who were trying to board for their trip.

Angela

• 2 weeks later...

Usually you can begin boarding 4 or 5 hours before sailing. I'm not sure if this applies, however, if your embarkation port is not a 'turn-around.' In other words, if the ship is there as an intermediate stop with some passengers remaining on board, it's possible that there's a smaller 'window' for boarding. Often you'll find that any documents you received will tell you boarding time. If your ship sails at 9 p.m., I suspect you may not be able to board until 1 p.m., but this will depend on many factors that none of us can know. I'd be sure to take along something to entertain the kids if you have to wait to get on board - books, DVD player, Game Boy, board game, cards - whatever they enjoy. My grandchildren always enjoyed puzzle books appropriate for their ages when we'd have them with us in airports and be stuck waiting for awhile. You can talk with your children before the cruise about the possibility of having to wait in lines at different points. Cruising is a great experience for kids, and I know you're all going to love this trip. You might try calling the SA offices for the cruise line to ask about embarkation time. Good luck.

Archived