Meeting friends, Sydney N.S port

COLLEYBERRY

Our New England / Canada cruise draws ever closer. I can't wait to board the Eurodam and see what this new ship is like for ourselves.

A bit more advice please.

We have dear friends meeting us in Sydney N.S and taking us to their home in the Bras d'Or lakes .They have promised wonderful sight seeing and good dining :)

My first question ,the ship docks at 8:00 am( they plan to be there to watch her sail in ) How soon after docking could we reasonably be off the ship(not a tender situation).

Also what time should we be back to port? Ship sails 5:00pm. I know they raise the gangway 30 minutes before sailing. How soon before sailing do they prefer you to be back on board?? We are just trying to plan our day.

I am looking forward to seeing this part of Canada ,I understand it is very beautiful. Thankyou for any input.

We've been to Sydney a number of times and have always been cleared within 30 minutes of arrival. As you say, the ship docks and you can quickly be on your way.

If the ship sails at 5:00, we would plan to be back aboard by 4:15. We are overly cautious but know the best plans can run into a bump. We never like to cut it real close.

We'll be in Sydney next week. :)

Thank you KK and Sail ,always so helpful.

Have a wonderful cruise Sail !! :) Hope you have lots of sunshine and smooth seas.

Thank you, Colley. We're very eager to board and settle back in our 'home away from home'. :) The forecast is for not so great tomorrow but after that bright skies and sunshine. Let's hope.

Archived