Roll Call- Gay NJ Cruisers

Fidel2Cruise

Hi Everyone, My husband and I are going on our first Cruise the end of September. Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda. We are so looking forward to it and if we love it as much as we think we will be booking another for next year. We wouldlike to do the New England and Canada cruise. Be well and I hope to meet you on board one day. Pete :o of Pete and Ray

• 1 month later...

JUST found this thread, so I must put in my 2 cents.

We are from central jersey (toms river)

we are "waitlisted" for Explorer of the Seas on 1.16.2011.

Also considering NCL Jewel (first time on NCL)1.2.2011

any input? attendees?

Hi everyone! My partner and I just booked our October cruise on the Liberty - anyone else happen to be booked on this one?

HEY U, pjc, GUESS WHO--:) HAVE A BLAST on the Liberty!

Consider the January cruise w/ us

We've been to Jersey before can we pull up a chair!?!? :D

I'm dai* of Dana & Sharine and we will be getting hitched on our third cruise next July. We live in NYC so we're doing the Jewel, in that way we can have sailing and non sailing guest.

Good to see some cruisers near our neck of the woods especially since I didn't see a NYC thread.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys -

I'm a recent 'new jerseyan'... (moved from westchester ny to hoboken) and my boyfriend and I are big fans of cruising - especially from NY. Nothing better then leaving work and being ON vacation instantly!! We just picked our next cruise - on the Explorer of the Seas on May 26 - 9 nights to Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean and are very pumped for this itinerary! Any others been? Suggestions/Tips? How is gay life on board - does RCCL make an effort to offer a meet up? Anyone else going on this trip... because we'd love to make new friends!

Anyone have tips on getting to/from the dock - I've only ever left NYC from Manhattan - so not sure the smartest way to get to the docks in Bayonne - especially since I live in Hoboken, which is very close, but not too close. I read that there is a light rail stop near the dock - but wont drop you off close to the actual ship terminal - what has others done.

Happy cruising all!

-Steve

Hi, everyone,

Richard and Roger here, from Atlantic City, New Jersey.

We just booked for the September 1, 2011 New England / Canada cruise from Bayonne on RCCL Explorer of the Seas ... first time for this itinerary, second time for RCCL and Explorer. We really enjoyed that ship last time; and look forward to sailing on her again.

Hope to bump into you, NJLadies...

Hello Tom Kitten (Roger and Richard)

We hope to meet up with you onboard. We will actually be in your area the week of May 28 - June 4th. We're staying in Ocean City, NJ. Maybe we could meet while we're down there, first. It is always fun to see a familiar face on the ship. E-mail us at Since84(at)excite.com

You should find some useful information here: http://www.walktomycruiseship.com/bayonne.htm

Enjoy your cruise....

Hey guys -

I'm a recent 'new jerseyan'... (moved from westchester ny to hoboken) and my boyfriend and I are big fans of cruising - especially from NY. Nothing better then leaving work and being ON vacation instantly!! We just picked our next cruise - on the Explorer of the Seas on May 26 - 9 nights to Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean and are very pumped for this itinerary! Any others been? Suggestions/Tips? How is gay life on board - does RCCL make an effort to offer a meet up? Anyone else going on this trip... because we'd love to make new friends!

Anyone have tips on getting to/from the dock - I've only ever left NYC from Manhattan - so not sure the smartest way to get to the docks in Bayonne - especially since I live in Hoboken, which is very close, but not too close. I read that there is a light rail stop near the dock - but wont drop you off close to the actual ship terminal - what has others done.

Happy cruising all!

-Steve

• 1 month later...

Hey Jamey & Marc here and have been on 9 cruises so far and planned our 10th for next month on the Sapphire Princess to Alaska. We will actually be doing back to back cruises last week in July and first week of August.

Defintely like to travel and meet other gay cruisers too...so far have been pretty disappointed with most cruise lines when it comes to FOD meetings but when we did princess back in 2007 we had a blast and they seem to care about their gay passengers.

Let us know if there is ever a meeting ...we would both love to join and chat about our experinces!

Steve,

My partner Rich (41) and I (Tim - 36) will be on the Explorer from July 7-16th on the same itinerary. We live on Staten Island and Bayonne is just a mere 15 minute ride away from us.

Can you give us any feedback on your experience on the ship and with Royal? We have been on so many cruises, mostly with Carnival and once with Princess (on the Emerald Princess' maiden Carribean voyage). How was "gay life" on the ship?

Thanks,

Tim

Hey guys -

Happy cruising all!

-Steve

Hi fellas!

John here. My partner's Dave and we're in Edgewater, NJ (Bergen County). LOVE cruising. See past trips below. Still haven't cruised out of NYC, though I'm dying to do it. Cutting air travel out of the equation would be a dream!

We've done two Atlantis cruises (plus one resort trip with them) and are looking forward to heading back to Atlantis in 2012 after an extended absence.

John

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to see folks are finding this thread useful. I apologize for not responding, but I must have eliminated email summaries and didn't realize people were still on this thread.

I had offered to get everyone together for a meet and greet. I am recommending Brunch on Sunday, November 20 at 12:30PM, Old Man Rafferty in New Brunswick as this is central in the State and also offers direct train service from NYC.

Please respond to me if you are interested, garciafa at optonline dot net. I am not sure if I can figure out everyones emails from the posts.

Looking forward to it, Fidel & George

• 1 month later...

Doing Oceania Nautica from Cape Town to Singapore - Dec 22, 2011 through Jan 26, 2012 and HAL Maasdam Voyage of the Vikings from Boston to Boston - July 14, through August 18, 2012.

Response is lagging so I am not sure if anyone is interested in a reunion. This may be cancelled due to lack of interest. Contact me if you would like to participate.

[/code]

Glad to see folks are finding this thread useful. I apologize for not responding, but I must have eliminated email summaries and didn't realize people were still on this thread.

I had offered to get everyone together for a meet and greet. I am recommending Brunch on Sunday, November 20 at 12:30PM, Old Man Rafferty in New Brunswick as this is central in the State and also offers direct train service from NYC.

Please respond to me if you are interested, garciafa at optonline dot net. I am not sure if I can figure out everyones emails from the posts.

Looking forward to it, Fidel & George

Archived