Sydney, Nova Scotia

can you tell me please what did you had booked with him how many hours where did you go? any info would help, was looking at bell museum? any suggestions?

I haven't taken a tour with him. I just supplied the phone #. There was a recent post on here where the poster talked about how boring the museum was - just another opinion. I haven't been there. I do know the countryside is beautiful, we have done that. If you do a search (top of the page) for Don Blackwood, you should see some posts about his tours.

I haven't taken a tour with him. I just supplied the phone #. There was a recent post on here where the poster talked about how boring the museum was - just another opinion. I haven't been there. I do know the countryside is beautiful, we have done that. If you do a search (top of the page) for Don Blackwood, you should see some posts about his tours.

We were just in Sydney -- Celebrity Summit 9/8/12 -- we used Diane of Tartan Tours mentioned here earlier. Her van (high step) did not work out for me (knee problem), so she very nicely arranged for a low car to take us to the Bell Museum and Beddeck area right there and then. I would recommend Diane of Tartan Tours.

Alexander Graham Bell Museum -- a big disappointment. It is a lot of reading (French/English) and very little in the way of demonstration or video. Even the cafe had slim pickings and the gift shop was a disappointment too. The Beddeck area however is beautiful and quaint. It is approx. a 45 minute highway drive. For comparison sake, we enjoyed the Pier 21 Museum in Halifax and the Maritime Museum --- this one just did not cut it for us. Vicki:)

Archived