lower price honored?

crazycruiselady

We booked a cruise through Princess Cruises paying the price they advertised on an email to past passengers. We have paid in full even though the cruise is still 3 monthes away. Now Princess has mailed us an offer (mass maililng, not just us) that is lower than the price we paid. Will they honor the new price and give us a refund or are we stuck?

We booked a cruise through Princess Cruises paying the price they advertised on an email to past passengers. We have paid in full even though the cruise is still 3 monthes away. Now Princess has mailed us an offer (mass maililng, not just us) that is lower than the price we paid. Will they honor the new price and give us a refund or are we stuck?

This happened to us not once but twice. The honored the lower price, but we had to ask...they take the money if you don't notice. Our TA is invaluable, she frequently rechecks. Hope you have a great cruise!

They do sometimes give you a hassle about rebooking, so be prepared with an excuse as to why you had to cancel & then re-book. Not a big deal - just a "DH couldn't get off work, then could" kind of excuse. I've been there, done that and they've questioned me as to why we're re-booking. They will question TAs about it too & I've heard of a couple who were denied re-booking, but I believe that was an extreme case. They do keep a record of every cruise you've deposited on.

first thing I would do is call with the mailing in hand and ask them to refare to the lower price, since you are booked without a ta. Remember

that the fares on the mailers are for lead in categories and usually for a specific date. Would be interested to hear what happens. Good luck and let us know. If worse comes to worse, of course you can cancel and rebook even if final payment was made and final payment date is not here yet. I hope it works out well.

We paid in full on a Friday well prior to the due date. On Sunday I noticed that the price had dropped by $400. We could have had a mini-suite for the price of a balcony room. I called our TA on Monday and she contacted Princess who upgraded us to a mini-suite and refunded $122. No hassle at all. We didn't try for a refund of the difference as we wanted the larger room.

I think the return of your deposit is not necessarily the case in the UK as when i asked it was 10% of the booking and non returnable

Yes - that's why we cannot get the 'deals' our friends in the US and Canada take advantage of. I have heard of people in the US booking two or three cruises before deciding which one they really want to go on. Then they cancel the other two with no loss of deposit. Seems a little unfair to me and to a lot of others in the UK:(

Archived