Dubrovnik Wall?

Mickfoxland, I looked at your pictures, they are wonderful. We are going on the same cruise, same ship in April, 2009. Are there any special hints you can give ie. getting on and off the ship, or an itenerery in Ephesus, Santorni and Corfu. Where did you stay in Venice. Any suggestion/itenerary in Venice. I will take all the help/suggestions/information you can offer. Thanks so much.

We walked the wall two years ago this Sept. We had the most beautiful weather. My photo's look like someone painted the sky and the scenery.

I was so excited when we stopped to buy a Coke that they had a special edition bottle of diet coke. We bought one to drink and another to take home as we have a Coca-Cola themed rec room. We sat down to have a few Dubrovnik beers (very good - highly recommend) and my husband had oysters and I enjoyed some delicious olives. We enjoyed the beer so much that when I got up to leave the table we were at, I left my souvenier coke bottle. :(

Anyone lucky enough to be going there will not be dissapointed.

Gotcha Croatian travelady! Thanks for such specific directions. Our plans are to get this brief look at your beautiful town & return for a land tour trip, maybe in 2009. Everything I have learned has me eagerly awaiting a longer stay :)

• 2 weeks later...
Croatiatravellady, I have read so many posts I am totally confused. We will be traveling to Dubrovnik on a cruise ship in April. Can you very clearly and elementarlily (sp). tell me exactly what to do, step by step from the time the ship docks to see the wall and any other sites you suggest. I know in one of your post you mentioned the Orhan restaurant. There will be about 16 of us and I really rather not take the ships shuttle. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on where exactly your ship will dock, in the old port just outside Stari Grad or new port of Gruz. If you'd rather not take the ship shuttle, then you must take several cabs to either the Pile (pil-eh) or Ploce (plocha) gate. I prefer the Ploce because the shuttle buses are all lined up at the Pile and hundreds of cruisers are trying to get into Stari Grad (old town).

There is an entrance to the city walls just inside the Pile gate, where yesterday the folks stood in line for 1 hour. Please do yourself a favor and find one of the 3 other entrances. It's a lovely walk and in April there may be some or lots of rain. Plan your day accordingly, please.

Do try to download the Dubrovnik tourist bureau website map, it does show everything you need to see and visit.

http://www.tzdubrovnik.hr/english/index.php

Dobrodosli

Carol

Archived