Are the pastries/cookies at Seattle's Best free?

Lany

Actually, those responses aren't accurate, because they aren't specific.

If you are on a Voyager or Freedom class ship, those things are free in the Café Promenade, where you can get coffee.

If you are on another class of ship, the coffee is at Lattétudes, and the treats are only "free" if you are buying coffee there. You can't just walk up to the counter and ask for cookies/pastries. Actually, some of them WILL give it to you, but most won't.

:)

That is correct, at Lattitudes you can only get the pastries/cookies if you buy coffee. I love RCCL and my cruise on the Enchantment was awesome, but I found the food available after 10pm to be lacking. I was hungary around 11 one night and I actually couldn't find anything to eat:eek:. I don't like ice cream that much so Ben and Jerry's was out. I tried buying a cookie in Lattitudes only to be told I couldn't. I really don't like the Seattle's Best they serve. Too strong for me. So, I ended up buying a coffee I did not drink just to get the cookie:o.

Hmmm...that doesn't sound good. :( I'm a night owl and love to stop by the 24 hour Horizon Court buffet on my Princess cruises and munch on things like shrimp and all the other goodies I'm used to late at night. Many of them are full entrees, pasta, meats, vegies and fruits. The whole enchilada! I don't have a big sweet tooth, so even just having cookies, free or not, wouldn't be the best option for me. Well, it looks like I actually might be losing, or at least maintaining my weight on my Mariner of the Seas cruise next year. :D

That is correct, at Lattitudes you can only get the pastries/cookies if you buy coffee. I love RCCL and my cruise on the Enchantment was awesome, but I found the food available after 10pm to be lacking. I was hungary around 11 one night and I actually couldn't find anything to eat:eek:. I don't like ice cream that much so Ben and Jerry's was out. I tried buying a cookie in Lattitudes only to be told I couldn't. I really don't like the Seattle's Best they serve. Too strong for me. So, I ended up buying a coffee I did not drink just to get the cookie:o.

Hmmm...that doesn't sound good. :( I'm a night owl and love to stop by the 24 hour Horizon Court buffet on my Princess cruises and munch on things like shrimp and all the other goodies I'm used to late at night. Many of them are full entrees, pasta, meats, vegies and fruits. The whole enchilada! I don't have a big sweet tooth, so even just having cookies, free or not, wouldn't be the best option for me. Well, it looks like I actually might be losing, or at least maintaining my weight on my Mariner of the Seas cruise next year. :D

Those types of options aren't open late on RCCL, but there's always room-service. ;)

Similar experience at Lattitudes on the Serenade. Pastries are only supposed to come with coffee. There was one time where I bought a coffee, didn't see the pastry I wanted so I chose a croissant. Then 30 minutes later saw the Apple Crumble that I wanted, so I just went up and asked for it, saying that I had just purchased a coffee. Was given it that time, but I think normally would have to buy something.

Mariner does have the Promenade Cafe which is open late. They have pizza, sandwiches & pastries...that was one of our favorite spots on Mariner & AOS...

Archived