orlando or melbourne airport?

cptnmrgn

anyone ever flew into melbourne instead of orlando? just wondering prices were a little cheaper to melbourne from oklahoma city. sailing mariner in nov.

You will probably find better responses on the East Coast departures area.

I haven't flown to Melbourne, but I have driven to both Melbourne and Port Canaveral from MCO. Melbourne is a much smaller airport and usually more expensive, so you probably won't find a lot of cruisers who have gone that way, but on the other board area, you might find locals with more info.

I thought Melbourne was a nice area and the drive from there to the port would be pretty easy. The only thing I would be concerned with is getting transportation (rental car, shuttle, or limo) and the cost of Melbourne vs MCO. Lots of people going in and out of MCO probably makes for better pricing even though it is farther away.

If I had my choice I would definitely choose Melbourne. It is closer and because it is smaller it is a breeze getting through. Melbourne is about 25 miles south of Port Canaveral, You can get there straight up A1A or US 1.

I would fly into MLB if I could get a cheaper direct flight in a heartbeat. It is a nice small airport with rental car agencies right on airport. I have flown there many times since my mom lives just south of there. You shouldn't have problems finding a limo if that is what you want, I know the one we used to go to MCO was actually based in Melbourne.

I lived in Melbourne Beach for a year, and I used to use that airport a lot to fly back and forth to Philly. It's a great airport-very small and convenient. I don't know how their prices will be, but if they're good, then I would definitely use Melbourne.

I lived in Melbourne Beach for a year, and I used to use that airport a lot to fly back and forth to Philly. It's a great airport-very small and convenient. I don't know how their prices will be, but if they're good, then I would definitely use Melbourne.

If you find a better price for Melbourne than for MCO, then go for it!!! Melbourne is definitely more convenient and easier. Most people use Orlando because there are more flight options and generally cheaper prices.

My dad lived in Vero Beach so I spent quite a few years flying into the area. I VASTLY preferred flying into Melbourne - like everyone said, it's small and convenient, but the fares to Orlando were usually much lower and the flights were direct. To get to Melbourne, I had to change planes in Atlanta.

Archived