Hotel in LA

Does anyone know of any good Hotels to stay at (at a resonable price unfer $200) near the LA Port of RCCL Ships. My DW and I are sailing out next March and wanted to start looking at hotels but do not know exactly where the Port is. Can any one help us find a good hotel to stay at PLEASE!

We stayed at the Westin in Long Beach a couple of years ago (boy time flys) for $160 a night. I'm sure it has probably gone up in cost but Jimbo is right......check Long Beach.

We stayed at the HolidayInnn in SanPedro. I don't remeber what we paid and it was in 2006. HI had van to take you to the ship, but you had sign up the night before and it filled up fast. The Hotel gives to time for the van. It is about 5-10 minuite ride to the port.

I believe they sail out of San Pedro. look for a hotel also in the Long Beach area. It is closer to the port.

Jimbo:)

San Pedro is where the ship docks so Long Beach is close but not closer. We like the Marina hotel and it has free parking while you're on the cruise.

Does anyone know of any good Hotels to stay at (at a resonable price unfer $200) near the LA Port of RCCL Ships. My DW and I are sailing out next March and wanted to start looking at hotels but do not know exactly where the Port is. Can any one help us find a good hotel to stay at PLEASE!

If memory serves me correctly I think the Queen Mary near by. It is the original Queen Mary but is docked permanently and is a hotel. That would be a fun start to a cruise.

We sailed on Monarch two months ago, and stayed at the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. We could see the ship from our room; the hotel shuttle got us there in less than five minutes. If you go on Priceline, bid $65 on a 3-star hotel in San Pedro, and you will most likely get the Crowne Plaza. That's less than half the rack rate; I learned about it on these boards! It was a great place to stay.

as mentioned before san pedro world cruise terminal is where royal goes from. i am going in a month on vision of the seas. we are flying in the night before and staying in the crowne plaza...we are paying 118, but are gettin a pretty good military disc. i think regular pricing is about 159 or so. however they do have packages. for like 229 they have a shuttle pick you up and drop you off at airport, breakfast for 2, and of course the room. i booked my room before i knew about this. good luck!

San Pedro is where the ship docks so Long Beach is close but not closer. We like the Marina hotel and it has free parking while you're on the cruise.

OP sounded like he was looking for a hotel in Los Angeles, I was saying that Long Beach is closer to San Pedro, so be sure to check that area for a hotel also. The OP is flying in, no one said he needed a park and cruise hotel. Jimbo

OP sounded like he was looking for a hotel in Los Angeles, I was saying that Long Beach is closer to San Pedro, so be sure to check that area for a hotel also. The OP is flying in, no one said he needed a park and cruise hotel. Jimbo

No, he said "near the LA Port of RCCL Ships". You can't get any "nearer" than the hotels in San Pedro, and the Crowne Plaza is technically within walking distance. Not that you'd want to drag your luggage that far;)

No, he said "near the LA Port of RCCL Ships". You can't get any "nearer" than the hotels in San Pedro, and the Crowne Plaza is technically within walking distance. Not that you'd want to drag your luggage that far;)

Bingo :D

Booked two rooms at CP with $65.00 bid on priceline for Dec. just last week. The other 3 star that will take bid is Doubletree. Both have free shuttle to pier. For a review check Westcoast Departure threads. Some have posted aerial

If you are Hilton Honors member, there is a Doubletree in San Pedro, right on Cabrillo Marina that offers free parking and a shuttle to and from the port. If you stay in Long Beach, although it is close, none of the hotels have shuttles to the San Pedro Port. You are much better staying in San Pedro. Letty

We stayed at the Westin in Long Beach a couple of years ago (boy time flys) for $160 a night. I'm sure it has probably gone up in cost but Jimbo is right......check Long Beach.

Just got the Westin in September for $90.00/night on P....l..e I guess we did good!

Happy Sails,

Annette

For the OP: Take a look at the L.A. hotel related threads on the "Westcoast Departures" board.

San Pedro has two nice hotels, Doubletree and Crowne Plaza. I've stayed at both. Close to the port and free shuttle there and back, as well as within 5 miles of the hotels (restaurants, shopping, etc.) You can bid on Priceline and people have been getting Crowne Plaza lately for around $65 or 70+ tax.

I'll be staying at the Doubletree again next April. You can go to the board here called West Coast departures and read my posts, as well as others regarding hotels in that area.

I believe they sail out of San Pedro. look for a hotel also in the Long Beach area. It is closer to the port.

Jimbo:)

And, the Marina is now the Doubletree. I'll be parking there for 7 days for free in April for our cruise. Hilton has owned it all along, but they have their Doubletree name on it now. Nice hotel.

Archived