No Kids Cruise

liz000

When I was 25 I knew more then you too:D :p

You always have a smart a** answer don't you? :D

My short answer to the OP so as to be PC is Yes. I think our 25 year old has a lot to learn.

aVASTGrl, I also have traveled a lot, in my early 20's I went to Europe a couple of times plus multiple trips around the country well before I was 25. I never thought I was better or more mature than someone 20 years older than myself. Your ease of being offended tells me you haven't lived as much as you think you have. Everything you don't agree with isn't discrimmination.

Im sorry, I just dont see why its " wrong " to not want to be around kids. I dont want them I dont need them and have no use for them. Thats just me, not saying that others should or do think the same way I do. Just an opinion. Its the same reason I dont go to Circus Circus in Vegas. Too many kids running around screaming. That is something I really did not do. Mom would beat the living heck out of us if we did. I walked away from her 1 time in Macys in Queens NY. Boy did I ever get the living you know what beat outta me. I learned pretty quick not to do that again. So if I were to be a father and my child did that I would do the same thing to them and wind up in jail because some bleeding heart wants to raise my kids for me. I say you raise your kids your way, just dont let them bother people. Pretty simple I think.

Anyway, Im all for an adults only cruise. How about a non-parent, non-drunk, non woooooooooooooo people cruise?:D :D

Tim

Saying I like an adult's only cruise should have no impact on anyone who doesn't.

You're right, it shouldn't. I think it's just that so often, that sentiment is accompanied by some reference to kids as always being obnoxious and bratty, and that's what many parents find offensive.

I'm not saying that anyone said anything like that in this thread, I didn't notice it if they did. I'm new here, but I've already seen a couple of those comments on other CC threads, and many, many times on other websites, so I can understand why people assume it's going to turn into a kid-bashing fest.

Anyway, I think adults only cruises would be awesome. We generally prefer to spend vacation time with our kids, but if we ever decide to take a trip alone, it would be nice to be in an adult environment. And it would be nice if the few true child-haters had this option, so that we wouldn't have to hear them complain about kids, when we're with ours. ;)

There may not be a market for a full-time adults only cruise line, but it seems there would be enough of a market for a couple of rotating weeks throughout the year. Designate one or two cruises per ship per year as adults only, spreading the weeks out throughout the year. Then both groups have plenty of options.

well, 25 seems a bit high to me...do you consider 18-25 year olds children?? I'm 25 and kind of take offense to that as I've met plenty of over 40's who act like 10 year olds! :rolleyes: However, even though no cruiseline will ever offer them lol, I think an 18+ cruise would be a lot of fun!

Most likely the OP didnt mean any offense as on Carnival you must be 25 to book a cabin.. I think the only exception is if you are married...

I think......

That's a pretty big generalization :rolleyes:

You think that because you are 25.. and I thought the same way you do.. nothing wrong with it (sometimes i still think i am 25 lol).. But when you hit 40 you begin to realize how much about life you didn't know or realize when you are 25 or 20 or 18..... remember most of your life experience is closer to teen years than adult years .. believe me I don't mean anything offensive regarding this.. I would love to be 25 again!!

I envy you! Enjoy Life! You have the best ahead of you!

:)

My short answer to the OP so as to be PC is Yes. I think our 25 year old has a lot to learn.

Wow, lighten up. Didn't you see her smiley.

Can't understand why people are so touchy lately.

Most likely the OP didnt mean any offense as on Carnival you must be 25 to book a cabin.. I think the only exception is if you are married...

I think......

yep that is true...I was 20 and dh was 21 when we went on our honeymoon..but had to show the marriage certificate in order to board..since we were both under 25

*sigh*

Why should everyone like kids??? You feel sad for this poster?? You shouldn't. Feel sorry for the people who HAVE kids and don't like them...and feel REALLY sorry for kids of those parents. You will see them all the time on the ships and elsewhere; the kids run off and do their own thing (like disrupting everyone else while their parents enjoy a bucket of beer.)

Personally, I like kids but I can't tolerate bad ones and their horrid parents. Fortunately, I've been lucky on my cruises and have run into very few of those...but basically, if you look around you on any given day, you can see that parenting skills have gone right out the window. It's no wonder some people are turned off.

H-

Well said

Just because some adults would like to fantasize about an adult only cruise does not necessarily mean they/we do not like children. I live in a two family house. My sister lives upstairs.. I have a 5yr old nephew and 3yr old triplets-2 Nephews and Niece.. I love them tremendously.. I see them everyday... They are well behaved great kids.. with parents who are raising them very well.. But they are kids and they do act out like any child does..

If I didnt like kids I could not live here LOL

But having an AO Cruise would be a nice change... but unrealistic...:)

But wanting this does not make us child haters!..(Ps not directed at you Halos.. I just like what you posted and wanted to add to it)

Im sorry, I just dont see why its " wrong " to not want to be around kids. I dont want them I dont need them and have no use for them. Thats just me, not saying that others should or do think the same way I do. Just an opinion. Its the same reason I dont go to Circus Circus in Vegas. Too many kids running around screaming. That is something I really did not do. Mom would beat the living heck out of us if we did. I walked away from her 1 time in Macys in Queens NY. Boy did I ever get the living you know what beat outta me. I learned pretty quick not to do that again. So if I were to be a father and my child did that I would do the same thing to them and wind up in jail because some bleeding heart wants to raise my kids for me. I say you raise your kids your way, just dont let them bother people. Pretty simple I think.

Anyway, Im all for an adults only cruise. How about a non-parent, non-drunk, non woooooooooooooo people cruise?:D :D

Tim

One time I hid under the clothes rack at Alexanders on Queens Blvd.. boy did I get it!.. Mom was freaking out...

Wow, lighten up. Didn't you see her smiley.

Can't understand why people are so touchy lately.

A smiley doesn't magically make her less touchy now does it? Geez, she responded with the dramatic "discrimmination" thread. :D

I have been to a Sandals Resort, and they have Couples only all inclusives.

I have two kids of my own, and they have never gone on a cruise. Every summer they get to go to Camp.... for 5 weeks and $3,000... that is their Cruise...

I take the late seating for dinner just to avoid most of the younger ones...

A couples only cruise, where everyone is already paired up, and no kids....

That would be heaven to me...

Never been bothered by children. Have been bothered by a few drunks. Can we have a cruise without allowing loud obnoxious drunks? No, just kidding, I know those drunks with big bar bills pay for my cruising to keep prices low.

Applause!!!!

I do think if they try to limit the age, especially in the upper age areas like those people born prior to the 1940's would result in age discrimination suits. It wouldn't be fair to choose what years could cruise. However, I know some people in that era who can out dance and out party most of us.

A smiley doesn't magically make her less touchy now does it? Geez, she responded with the dramatic "discrimmination" thread. :D

It was tongue in cheek;) You know like how when we were 25 we knew everything too........

Discrimination:confused: Ok now I'm lost:D

Too many tangents here. It was a simple question and yet some always take offense and feel the need to defend their children. What exactly is the problem if there was an adult's only cruise? Why do these threads always turn into "you must hate kids" which is not what it's about. It's also not about how kids behave, or dodging them or whatever. It's simply about wanting an adult cruise. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting that and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with anyone in particular's children. But I do love parents who think their children should be the center of everyone's universe. My kids grew up knowing they were loved and taken care of but never thinking they were more important than everyone else.

Saying I like an adult's only cruise should have no impact on anyone who doesn't.

I think the issue comes up when people say "I don't like kids". You can love children and want to experience a vacation only with adults. That's why there are AI's like Couples. But unfortunately someone always has to make it a point to trash the current youth generation. Somethings in life never change. I swore when I listened to "in my day kids respected their elders, his hair is too long, your skirt is too short, why do listen to that music, I had to work when I was 8 years old, you don't know how good you have it, etc, etc. I swore I wasn't going to turn into that type of cranky old person.

One of the reasons I chose Carnival is the wonderful mixture of ages. I haven't cruised in the summer yet one reason is the high cost and the other would be the crowds. If kids bothered me all that much I would chose another cruiseline.

It's not that you have to love vacationing with children, its the right to dislike a whole group. Would you be offended if someone said "I don't like cruising with seniors, they move too slow, they talk too loud, or whatever?.

Too many tangents here. It was a simple question and yet some always take offense and feel the need to defend their children. What exactly is the problem if there was an adult's only cruise? Why do these threads always turn into "you must hate kids" which is not what it's about. It's also not about how kids behave, or dodging them or whatever. It's simply about wanting an adult cruise. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting that and it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with anyone in particular's children. But I do love parents who think their children should be the center of everyone's universe. My kids grew up knowing they were loved and taken care of but never thinking they were more important than everyone else.

Very well said.....

that's right because people's condescending attitudes don't really surprise me anymore :p

Which means you kind of not take offense to that...

I'm confused... you either not kind of take offense to that, or you kind of take offense to that...

I'm not sure that kind of not taking sides is a condescending attitude or if a condescending attitude is due to not taking sides... :D

I am new to this board, but wanted to add in my two cents. Of course I LOVE my kids immensely, but DH and I are paying a fortune for babysitting and daycare so that we can go on our next cruise (not everyone has ideal "grandparents", oh how I wish...) so the idea of a "no kids" cruise appeals to me too.

I am new to this board, but wanted to add in my two cents. Of course I LOVE my kids immensely, but DH and I are paying a fortune for babysitting and daycare so that we can go on our next cruise (not everyone has ideal "grandparents", oh how I wish...) so the idea of a "no kids" cruise appeals to me too.

I rarely have less than 8 kids in my living room, three of them mine. I dote on my kids 51 weeks of the year... so you can be sure I will take a week off each year for my wife and I to focus on each other... and not on our children. And I certainly don't want to hear other kids if I don't have to while on my vacation... and book a cruise date likely to have very few kids... except for those who "home School" this kids and somehow have justified that a cruise meets their State's school curriculum... :eek:

First the age can't be 25, the DW isn't 25 yet and we've been married 5 yrs on saturday.Now as far as kids go.

I don't care if there are kids on a cruise or not, but i would like a tranquilizer gun with a strong fast acting sedative that has no lasting side effects. so if a child is misbehaving then we can simply calm the child down so we can resume any activity that we were doing prior to be disturbed. :D .

or a carefull screening process where only the kids that are truely well behaved are allowed on the cruise. which would be almost everyone on these boards who has kids because everyones kids are always well behaved.

No I don't hate kids, infact I love them. I will miss mine when the DW and I go on our cruise but for 8 nights mommy and daddy, get to be husband and wife. sometime i plan on bringing the little ones (2,3,4) on a cruise but we will go durring a break in school so there will be tons of little people acting like kids do. My kids aren't perfect they listen most of the time, but who knows how they will react to being on a huge flashy ship with nothing but water areound surrounded by 100's of kids and 2000 adults they have never met before.

Archived