carnival crib or a travel bed for a 6 month old?

danrenne1

We will be sailing next month on the conquest with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I think the 2 year old will be ok on the sofa bed turned the other way so she wont roll out but it sounds like it is going to be very croweded with a metal crib as well. I was looking at ordering a travel bed from one step ahead. What do you think? I also was going to bring a little pool for our balcony so the 6 month old could play in. Has anyone ever put it out on the balcony and what do you do to drain it? Scoop the water out with bucket, Iam guessing!:D

It will be kind of tight with the crib but still ok. The crib will fit against the wall in between the bed and sofa. They wont remove the sofa from your room even when you have only one child in a crib so we are used to having the sofa and crib in our cabin. Its been fine each time. A few times we have actually lifted the crib onto the sofa to make more space for DD to play during the day and then put it back down fo naps/bedtime. We have never used the pool on the balcony, only on the lido deck where we just dump it down one of the pool drains. I guess the best way would be use buckets until you can lift it and drain it in the shower.

Have a great cruise

I'm not sure what you mean by turning the sofa bed around, but most of those sofas are attached to the floor and do not move. Call your TA or the cruise line to see if the sofa in your cabin can be moved or turned around.

I'm not sure what you mean by turning the sofa bed around, but most of those sofas are attached to the floor and do not move. Call your TA or the cruise line to see if the sofa in your cabin can be moved or turned around.

On Carnival they are not, we have done it a few times for DD. Just as the tables move, so do the sofas. I am not sure about other cruise lines because DD was in a pack n play then and we didnt try.

• 2 weeks later...

You can empty the pool in the tub (or shower) drain. If you don't bring a bucket to fill it up, then ask the bartender for a plastic bucket (they use them for the buckets of beer...lol)

Just a few buckets is all you need. You don't want to dump it over the side of the balcony. :eek: :D lol

Archived