Visas in South America

terrypm

Hi

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Splendor on the 49 day cruise round South America in the spring of 2009. From Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. Visiting Dominica, Barbados, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, and Mexico.

The reason I’m asking the question on this Board is that the Infinity is our favourite ship, (We took it through the Panama Canal about four years ago and the Infinity comes into our harbour here in Victoria B.C. every Thursday and we go down to see it.), and Celebrity cruisers have experience of South America , whereas this is Carnival’s first trip round South America.

So the question is about Visas. Our practice at some ports is to walk off and just see the town, the locals etc. We have heard that to do that in some of the South American countries requires a Visa obtained in advance.

Can you tell me if this is correct? Do we need Visas in advance for any (or all) of the countries?

(We are Canadian).

-----thanks in advance------terrypm

Hi

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Splendor on the 49 day cruise round South America in the spring of 2009. From Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. Visiting Dominica, Barbados, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, and Mexico.

The reason I’m asking the question on this Board is that the Infinity is our favourite ship, (We took it through the Panama Canal about four years ago and the Infinity comes into our harbour here in Victoria B.C. every Thursday and we go down to see it.), and Celebrity cruisers have experience of South America , whereas this is Carnival’s first trip round South America.

So the question is about Visas. Our practice at some ports is to walk off and just see the town, the locals etc. We have heard that to do that in some of the South American countries requires a Visa obtained in advance.

Can you tell me if this is correct? Do we need Visas in advance for any (or all) of the countries?

(We are Canadian).

-----thanks in advance------terrypm

The only country you will need a visa for in advance is Brazil. All Canadians and U.S. citizens need visas there, although yours is much cheaper than ours from the states.

Archived