Where to take a Heli-Glacier trip?

jerseysmom

Our first trip to Alaska will be on the RCI Radiance repositioning on Sept 12. We had planned to take the heli-glacier flightseeing in Juneau but I notice there are other ports that offer helicopter flights that land on glaciers. Which port would you recommend for this?

We did a helicopter/glacier trip out of Juneau with Era and landed on the Taku glacier. It was fantastic. Depending on how long you will be in Juneau, you may be able to take a helicopter trip and spend a bit of time in town. We were there from 9-3; we took our trip in the morning and had plenty of time for walking around Juneau in the afternoon.

Thanks for your replies. I want to make sure I'm not missing a "spectacular" glacier flight that someone would say is better than the other ones. I may only get to AK one time so I would like to go on a flight that is highly recommended.

I just got back on Saturday from our Alaskan cruise and we went out with Northstar Trekking in Juneau- Did the Level 2 glacier hike and it was one of the most spectacular days of our life. Breathtaking. Caution though, it did demand a little physical activity, but hiking in the glaciers was just amazing. Have fun!

I just got back on Saturday from our Alaskan cruise and we went out with Northstar Trekking in Juneau- Did the Level 2 glacier hike and it was one of the most spectacular days of our life. Breathtaking. Caution though, it did demand a little physical activity, but hiking in the glaciers was just amazing. Have fun!

We did this as well in July with this company in Juneau - I agree with everything you have said. It was an amazing experience and you got to experience what it was like being on the top of the glacier and hiking around. They are experienced guides and you are in small groups. We had 9 people and 2 guides. They will alter the hike difficulty level based on the people's levels that day. We were going to just do a glacier landing, but are so happy that we switched to the trek. We loved getting more time on the glacier! Enjoy whatever you decide. Alaska is beautiful:)

If you are interesting in dogsledding on the glacier, we did the one in Seward with Godwin Glacier Tours. Fantastic. Lots of individual attention and great helicopter flights. We stayed several days in Seward pre cruise and loved it every minute. We were on the Radiance SB in July.

We flew with ERA out of Denali. If you will be going that far consider it. The views, the mountain, all incredible. Plus we had a 2 for 1 coupon, making it even better. Great pilot, would do it again in a heartbeat. Had our pictures taken next to the copter, on the glacier in our NY Giants sweatshirts!

Archived