To Our Cc Friends In Florida

geocruiser

To all out CC friends in Florida,

I hope that you are safe and not flooded out. Our town received over 22 inches of rain. Lots of flooding. But winter home is safe.

Port Canaveral channel is still closed to ship traffic until the Coast Guard assessments the harbor this afternoon.

mARIA

Thanks for that information, Maria. We're all concerned for our CC friends in Florida. So sorry to hear they've had to shut down the port - but glad Holland America has sense enough to stay out of there this time of year. Aside from all that water, we hope all is well with you and Tony.

we have had a lot of rain but no real flooding. There is now a lake behind our house on the golf course but that area fills up during every heavy rain. It's supposed to rain until Saturday and we have rain forcasts for the next week. Looks like another storm is forming in the eastern Carib.

Greeting from just north of Orlando...we had over 14 inches of rain as of 9pm last night...and it's still coming down in buckets..the good news Fay is on the move so we should be getting some relief tomorrow!!! Lots of flooding in areas around here..but our town has done an excellant job keeping storm drains clean(I even saw them out checking yesterday in the middle of the mess) so no problems in our neighborhood. The sad news is that many of the people that have water in their homes have no flood insurance because they don't live in a flood plain and never thought that water would be a problem. My heart goes out to all the people suffering effects of this storm. I just heard that Port Canaveral has reopepened . RCCL will be docking there today. Disney and Carnival deverted to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday and transported passengers north to the water logged Port Canaveral.

DH and I live 50 miles west of Jacksonville and Fay started passing over us during the night......lots of wind and rain and the power went out for several hours, but certainly nothing like our neighbors to the south in Melborne experienced. We'll probably end up with 4-6" of rain by tomorrow.

we had over 20 inches fall in our yard here in Satellite Beach. Luckily we had the water stop halfway up the driveway but everything in our yard was floating. No major damage; just annoying. It just sat here and barely moved. I hated seeing kids on tv playing in the dirty water and people swimming in the Atlantic ocean. Where is that Florida sun?:confused:

Finally geting some sun today. Our streets were flooded since Tues. night. We actually were able to get through the flooded gutters yesterday. But. there is debris and standing water all over our roads and yards. We have much worse flooding then we did with "Wilma."

catl331,

I am down the road from you in the winter. I live in Indian Harbour Beach. I heard that there is lots of flooding in some parts. A friend of a friend of ours said he saw two people going down Riverside Drive in a canoe!!!

I hope all is well with you. I call HNJ church to see how they were doing. I didn't want to see them get hit again like the other year.

GmaPajama,

We are doing fine now. I was not doing well with my BP. Better now. Tony is fine. How are you and Jon?

Maria

Archived