Booking Future Cruise on Platinum Cruise

arrow3

Hi, I'm wondering about something. We're going on a cruise in October. After this cruise we will have 5 credits (meaning we'll be Platinum). I'm wondering if I book a future cruise on this cruise, will I be entitled to the $100 platinum discount on a suite in the future cruise? If so, will I also get the $100 OBC?

My other question is that if I call to book Oasis on the 28th, will I be able to rebook on the cruise in October and get the $100 discount + $100 OBC?

Thanks!:D

You won't be able to add your platinum discount until you are actually platinum which doesn't happen until you complete the cruise but it can be added once you do. You can get the "next cruise" and add the balcony discount anytime. And depending on the length it could be more. I got $200 obc for booking the 12 night cruise on board and then 12 months later became platinum and added the balcony discount. I also cashed in Visa points so will have 700$ obc for my cruise in 2 weeks.

You won't be able to add your platinum discount until you are actually platinum which doesn't happen until you complete the cruise but it can be added once you do. You can get the "next cruise" and add the balcony discount anytime. And depending on the length it could be more. I got $200 obc for booking the 12 night cruise on board and then 12 months later became platinum and added the balcony discount. I also cashed in Visa points so will have 700$ obc for my cruise in 2 weeks.

Sue, you are seriously a wealth of information! You have no idea how much I appreciate that.

I was wondering ths same for my Indy cruise...so now I know. :D Thanks!

Thanks Sue L, so I'll just get a generic NextCruise in October and then cancel my Oasis cruise and rebook it using the NextCruise certificate and then I'll get my platinum discount and OBC. Thanks! :)

Thanks Sue L, so I'll just get a generic NextCruise in October and then cancel my Oasis cruise and rebook it using the NextCruise certificate and then I'll get my platinum discount and OBC. Thanks! :)

Make sure the price of your booked cruise hasn't increased in the mean time because the price increase would likely negate any of the benefits because you will pay current market rates. The loyalty ambassador will check for you and rebook if the price hasn't changed.

Sue

As a newbie to cruising I have learned so much from your postings. Thanks. I especially appreciate the tip about STA insurance since most policies are based on age.

Next year we have booked a back to back. On the second leg we will be eligible for Platinum. I am aware of letting the LA know in order to get the onboard benefits.

Since we have a balcony booked, will we get any discount retroactive or do we have to wait till our next cruise?

Thanks

Sue

As a newbie to cruising I have learned so much from your postings. Thanks. I especially appreciate the tip about STA insurance since most policies are based on age.

Next year we have booked a back to back. On the second leg we will be eligible for Platinum. I am aware of letting the LA know in order to get the onboard benefits.

Since we have a balcony booked, will we get any discount retroactive or do we have to wait till our next cruise?

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments I appreciate it. For the back to back go to the loyalty ambassador in the first day or so of the explain the situation and hopefully they will do it. You most likely won't see the discount applied to your credit card until you get back from the cruise and a lot of people have reported much of this depends on the LA.

Good to know who´s buying the drinks;) :D

Sue L - did you apply your Visa credits after your cruise was paid in full or before? I am looking to cash in and get the $500 OBC but was wondering if I applied it now before the cruise was paid for would they just apply it to my balance? Hope you understand what I am asking!

Sue L - did you apply your Visa credits after your cruise was paid in full or before? I am looking to cash in and get the $500 OBC but was wondering if I applied it now before the cruise was paid for would they just apply it to my balance? Hope you understand what I am asking!

You have to fill out the back of the coupons and state how you want it applied. I would do it after just so you have that extra time to earn more points if you choose. They have to be done in 5000 point increments.

We just completed our 5th cruise and reached Platinum level. While on board we booked our next cruise for Nov. 2009. We were given the $200 Platinum discount for booking a balcony cabin.

How did you get $200? I thought it was just $100 Platinum discount for a balcony (at least that's all I got.) :confused:

Cruising next week...Does anyone know if I can "gift" a NextCruise certificate to my son? In other words, put the certificate in his name for his use next spring. He has my Platinum status, is 21 and would like to cruise with friends. Also, what down-payment is due if you don't pick a specific cruise? What is the incentive for booking NextCruise?

We just completed our 5th cruise and reached Platinum level. While on board we booked our next cruise for Nov. 2009. We were given the $200 Platinum discount for booking a balcony cabin.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Archived