Ever hear of ShapeFx?

goLC

Stumbled across this website:

http://www.shapefx.com

Looks like it's all supposed to enhance your figure. Has anyone ever ordered from this company? If so, does it live up to its claims? Some things are very nice looking

Well, back in the day, before the Women's movement freed us from being only physical beings with boobs and butts and no brains, these were called girdles and corsets.

By happy with what you were born with....and keep what you have healthy. Beauty fades and the body deteriorates no matter what you do. It's important that we are happy with who we are and self-confident in our lives.

Don't know what this has to do with cruising anyway...but couldn't let the opportunity pass. A lot of women sacrificed much for equal opportunity....and to be taken seriously.....as a person, not just a "perfect" body.

Don't know what this has to do with cruising anyway...but couldn't let the opportunity pass. A lot of women sacrificed much for equal opportunity....and to be taken seriously.....as a person' date=' not just a "perfect" body.[/quote']

This thread is about fashion and beauty. The OP asked about this fashion undergarment. What it has to do with cruising is that perhaps the OP is considering purchasing one to wear under a special dress to help smooth out a few bumps and wobbly bits out so that she feels better wearing it that night.

I don't think it's about having the "perfect" body but more about wanting to just look a little more special for one night in that one dress. I don't see where she ever said she wasn't happy with her body; I read the word "enhance" in her original posting.....

Shapefx isn't just undergarments .. it is used for clothing and swimwear too .. and personally I really like the pieces I have purchased. I have only purchased it at Newport News but I have bought both dresses and swimsuits and find that it is good quality and it does do that smooth things over thing that I love.

Whew! Didn't mean to create a stir! Sure, I'd like to lose about 10 pounds, but I also really, really enjoy eating! I work out regularly, but somethings seem to have "shifted" if you know what I mean! I have just purchased 4 nice dresses that are NOT normal for my daily, non-cruise life, and I would like to look smoother... I'm one who does need undergarments, but don't like the lines. So, I've purchased spanx that I like very much; very non-confining and comfortable (once I get it on!) and don't have to worry about undergarment lines and bulges!

I was mainly referring to the clothing on this site; I wasn't at all clear on that! It looks like clothes that have the "spanx-ness" built in. Some of the "regular clothes" like slacks and tops looked interesting, and I was just curious if anyone else had tried them. Sounds like they might be worth checking out!

Thanks so much for posting that info! They've got EXACTLY what I'm looking for, and haven't been able to find.

Don't know what this has to do with cruising anyway...but couldn't let the opportunity pass. A lot of women sacrificed much for equal opportunity....and to be taken seriously.....as a person, not just a "perfect" body.

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to come on quite as strong as I'm reading your post :) and so I apologize in advance if my response is a bit strong.

I'm one of those women. I marched, I maneouvered, I became the "first female this" and the "first female that". My last "real" job -- I was the only woman to have ever held it (and remain so, even though I've been gone for 5 years). I'm intelligent, well-educated, and articulate. I helped pave the way for the younger women who are now able to do what they want, without gender playing a role. I learned to love my less-than-well-endowed chest, my kinda flat butt, and my hair that will NEVER be featured in a magazine (except possibly as a Glamour "Don't"). That doesn't mean I have to love some fitting issues I'm now finding with advancing age. Women need to support other women, in having and raising children (or not), in having careers (or not), in choosing cosmetic surgery (or not), in remaining single (or not). I didn't do what I did, and be who I am, so that I can force other women into my ideal. I did what I did in part so we could ALL have the freedom to choose, without other women casting aspersions on our motives. That means you have the right to not wear a tummy-flattener, and I applaud your comfort with your body. Just as I applaud women who take a few years off work to raise their kids, or who blatantly and publicly have a face lift. The societal changes our generation helped effect should be about accepting everyone, male and female.

Well' date=' back in the day, before the Women's movement freed us from being only physical beings with boobs and butts and no brains, these were called girdles and corsets.

By happy with what you were born with....and keep what you have healthy. Beauty fades and the body deteriorates no matter what you do. It's important that we are happy with who we are and self-confident in our lives.

Don't know what this has to do with cruising anyway...but couldn't let the opportunity pass. A lot of women sacrificed much for equal opportunity....and to be taken seriously.....as a person, not just a "perfect" body.[/quote']

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT ???

Has anyone ever ordered from this company? If so, does it live up to its claims?

I was impressed with their pricing in comparison to Spanx and Nancy Ganz. I have ONE cruise dress I will wear ONE TIME ONLY, and I need a bit of help with it. Don't want to spend a ton, y'know?

Shape FX and Newport News don't ship to Canada, so I found a seller on ebay who DOES ship to Canada. Will let you know what I think when it arrives.

Thanks again for posting this -- you've probably solved my problem :)

I'm pretty sure you didn't mean to come on quite as strong as I'm reading your post :) and so I apologize in advance if my response is a bit strong.

Thank you. Thank you! My reaction wasn't quite as articulate, mature and thoughtful. So thank you for saying what I wish I had said! :)

Thank you. Thank you! My reaction wasn't quite as articulate, mature and thoughtful. So thank you for saying what I wish I had said! :)

I second that!!!

Just a warning to anyone ordering any shapers.....stay away from the slips. I tried one on in a store, did what I wanted it to do, felt great and would be sooooo much easier in the potty. Wore it and it was wonderful..... until I sat down. It decided to roll up like a window shade so I ended up fighting with it all evening. It definitely had a mind of its own.:eek:

Archived