Celebrity Gratuities

poparapro

You have the option of putting your gratuities on your account. They will give you a form midway through the cruise. If you complete it and charge your gratuities then you will receive vouchers and envelopes on the last full day of the sailing. You can pass out the vouchers or not - they'll get the money regardless. If you had spectacular service and want to add some extra cash, put it in the envelope and hand it to your staff members.

BTW - we discovered that our stateroom attendant was given a list of gratuities on the last day. He thanked us for our gratuity on the last evening, even though we hadn't passed out the envelopes. That was fine with us. We were glad he was appreciative!

Celebrity gives you the option of using auto-tip, which you must request in order for it to go onto your account. Otherwise cash in the envelopes is also quite acceptable. We like using the auto-tip as it saves having to have or find the right denominations and then finding the party to give it to. We generally give our room steward and waiters some cash in an envelope over and above the auto-tip amount though.

I am booked on my first Celebrity cruise next February and part of the group fare is that tips are included. Does anyone know how they handle pre-paid gratuities on Celebrity? I know that I am paying for them upfront because my receipt from the TA includes a line for $73.50 for gratuities. I just want to make sure that this money will go to those for whom it is intended.

I am booked on my first Celebrity cruise next February and part of the group fare is that tips are included. Does anyone know how they handle pre-paid gratuities on Celebrity? I know that I am paying for them upfront because my receipt from the TA includes a line for $73.50 for gratuities. I just want to make sure that this money will go to those for whom it is intended.

They will be handled just as if you had charged them to your seapass account. They will go to those for whom they are intended. You will also get envelopes indicating that you have prepaid your gratuities--you may hand those out or not as you wish. You may wish to add some cash to some of them if you've had an excellent cabin attendant, waiter, or assistant waiter, for example.

Archived