A Warning About Sunset Beach

lovebug33

I left my entire purse and all of its contents on the San Francisco Airport train-shuttle a month ago and it was returned to me within 10 minutes-everything in tact, money and all.

I lost a wallet at the Santa Monica (California) Place mall in 2001 and it was returned everything in tact, money and all.

Now, I lost a wallet in Citibank in Los Angeles about 6 months ago (across the street from USC) and it was returned, minus the $300.00 cash. So, who stole the cash? The customer who turned the wallet in or an employee of the bank? My gut says-from the way they were acting, since I haven't seen a security video-that an employee(s) stole it.

My passport was missing at the end of my last cruise. I did not take it off of the ship. Did someone steal it from my cabin or did it accidentially get tossed out with the trash? Or flushed down the loo? Or blown overboard?

Who knows? :rolleyes:

Apply and mix the concepts of human nature, accidents and mistakes to the poster's situation and I wonder if these are questions that none of us can answer.

I'll say one thing for sure. There obviously is a definate reason why there are iron window and door security bars on houses in some neighborhoods (like many neighborhoods in Los Angeles where I live) while in a neighborhood I visited in Washington, Pennsylvania last year, the neighbors don't even have fences in their yards, much less iron window and door bars.

Remember the OJ Simpson case witness testimony of the people who heard the "plaintive wail" of the Akita? Most of them were out walking and walking their dogs at 10:30pm. I know of a neighboorhood 6 miles from there where no sane person even leaves their house, except to get in and out of a car, after dark, not to mention strolling around on the street at 10:30pm!

Do the chances we face of dealing with criminals (and, yes, petty theft is a crime) depend on where we are, who we are dealing with or both or neither?:confused:

I have walked back to the ship from Sunset Beach and it is a nice safe easy walk.

When I went snorkeling I left my stuff on the beach and surprise, it was ALL still there when I returned.

I talked with a number of employees there and not one was rude.

Theft is not common nor frequent there and your wallet still was not stolen.

This happened to us on our honeymoon in Jamaica, but we were staying at Sandals Negril Resort & Spa ($5,000 per week). My husbands wallet was returned sans $40.00 cash. Travelers cheques, credit cards, etc. were still in the wallet.

This could have happened any-where in the world. We didn't let it bother us one bit, yes we were out a little cash, but it didn't damper our enthusiasm for the people or the local. We were a little more careful with our cash (I don't even know why my husband was carrying wallet/cash in the first place :rolleyes: ).

I can see how the OP would have been upset about the money, but the resort is so close to the pier, that you can see the ship from Sunset Beach. If they were handicapped in some way, thank goodness there were others from the ship, that could lend them some money for cab fare.

I totally agree with nola alive.....this poster obviously likes sympathy....cry me a river....read their post again, what a joke.... and then to put down people who don't agree with them, and stand up for a certain resort etc......Now we know where ludicrous negative posts and reviews come from...whether reviews on this board, trip advisor and others similar to it.

Maybe one reason people have a problem with this saga is that the OP has repeatedly stated the resort is "Not Safe". Hello, if I LOSE my wallet ANYWHERE and it's turned in with nothing missing but 60.00 cash I'd be thrilled, and it would never occur to me to claim the place it happened is "not safe":rolleyes:

I find people who don't read anything for what it's worth and refuse to accept anything that goes against what they think hilarious. If I wanted sympathy, I would have told you the whole story, not the highlights. I want people to go in with their eyes wide open, which I didn't because I didn't do my research well enough. As I've said before, it is obvious that there is a frequency to things like this because they had an answer and a defense before my DH and I ever said anything to the management. But, feel free to bash me. The more you bash me, the more this stays on the front page and the more likely opened minded people will read it and be very careful when they are at Sunset Beach. So, I thank all of you for that.

If you limited your post to facts, there would not be others disagreeing with you. It is when you start extrapolating fantasy from your singular experience that the comedy begins.

Many thousands of people have visited Sunset Beach without incident and many thousands more will visit in the future without incident.

I have no problem with people doing research - I invite it. Anyone that does any reasonable amount of research will know that Sunset Beach is perfectly safe.

Archived