Oasis possible group cruise 9-11-2010

kk99

Hi everyone,

We've already put our deposit down with RCL on this Eastern sailing last week. I'd love to do a group CC cruise on this new ship. The prices for this week (and a few others in September and October) are the least expensive of the inaugural year. I'm doing another group cruise on the Jewel in a few weeks and have put together groups for three or four other sailings for my family and friends in the past four years. I love to cruise, I don't work in the travel business, but think this is a wonderful way to spend time with family and friends. Every RCL and Celebrity group we have qualified has received some onboard credit and a few other perks. I've also cruised during this time period before in the Caribbean, and had no weather problems. If there is any interest on the board then hopefully, this could become an official cruise critic group. The group bookings can open on September 3, 2008, so it would be great to get this going is anyone wants to participate.

Have a great Monday,

kk:D

Hi everyone,

In the past and on the Jewel which I'll be on with another big group of friends at the end of September, it takes 8 cabins to make a minimum group. The more cabins booked, the better the benefits I have found to be from the cruise lines. Last summer the group cruise that I put together in the eastern Med. had 16 cabins of my family and friends. Each cabin got an onboard shipboard credit, and then we got group amenity points which we used to increase the size of the onboard shipboard credit and also they threw in prepaid gratuities. On the Jewel we have 9 cabins for New England, and we all got an onboard shipboard credit, and a bottle of wine for each stateroom. The amenity points vary on each sailing due to length of sailing, high season versus low season. The travel agent that Cruise Critic would pick, blocks a number of rooms in different categories, and then decides to see which extras to offer the members of the group.

I personally have had a blast meeting everyone on the boards, and making new friends on the cruise. When we did Scandanavia several years ago, we got about 80 people to go for that sailing and they even gave us a freee cocktail party! If people are interested, then if you are a diamond member, make you Oasis reservation with RCL now, for Platinum members when the bookings open on the 28th do the same, and if we get enough people interested in this particular cruise, then the RCL reservations can be transferred to a group booking. I've always gotten a good deal when we have done the groups. Also it has been very easy to help find people to arrange private port tours for members in your group.

The two cruises I have done in September in the eastern Caribbean were fine weather wise. On one, we had a day of rain, but no bad storms. The weather will still be in the 80's for those who want to work on their tans.

I think the ship will be amazing, so we booked it for the ship not the ports.

I've emailed Laura at cruise critics so, if there is enough interest shown on the board, we might get this turned into an official CC cruise!

Take care,

kk

Why in the world would you book from Florida during Hurricane Season :eek: ?

Late Oct. prices are the same & also November - much less chance of a problem out at sea?

Yes - could be fine :rolleyes: - but who knows what will be in 2 years??

I'd be interested in joining a group (2 cabins) - but I'm going to book Oct. or November (Platinum booking - Thursday)

We'll stay close to home in Sept. - (even though the weather here is 'lousy' - hot , humid and late afternoon thundershowers almost every day )- it's too 'chancey' to cruise and leave our home un-attended!

I'll watch this thread for a Group Date....;)

Renee (aka GottoCruise)

Hi Renee,

The worst cruise weather(with storms) we ever had in the Caribbean was in November. Our gang still had a fabulous time. I agree that there can always be storms in August-November in the Caribbean. We usually book a Thanksgiving cruise, so I personally did not want to cruise twice in the same month. (Well actually I would, but I don't think the people I work for would be too pleased!) I think the size of the Oasis will make it extremely stable with less motion than on smaller ships like Celebrity's Azamara line. We definitely felt the motion on that sailing! Any day at sea, even overcast or rainy is still an improvement over 100 degree weather at home! Whichever sailing you book, have a great time,

kk

Hi,

As to a double onboard credit, I doubt it would transfer to a group booking. It certainly would be worth asking about it. If you are a platinum or diamond member you will always get the discount for the balcony applied to the fare. If anyone else is interested inmaking a group cruise for 9-11-2010, please post back so I can discuss this with the group coordinator for Cruise Critic. Have a great Tuesday,

kk

I ended up booking Oct 23rd, but would consider moving to the group cruise if price was right. I was told last night at the online presentation Group bookins would begin Sept 3. So as soon as you have an idea on pricing let us know.

Nicole

I have a few quick questions:

1) This is the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, right?

2) Will the prices for the cruise be discounted or will we just get the extra onboard perks?

3) For those of you that have already booked, could you share the cabin category you booked and price per person?

4) What is the third/fourth person rate for this cruise?

Thanks

I have a few quick questions:

1) This is the Eastern Caribbean itinerary, right?

2) Will the prices for the cruise be discounted or will we just get the extra onboard perks?

3) For those of you that have already booked, could you share the cabin category you booked and price per person?

4) What is the third/fourth person rate for this cruise?

Thanks

B1

Total Stateroom Price: $2255.58

Hi! I'm berman947's wife and am so excited to cruise on Oasis! Every day I find myself looking over the deck plans and checking out the artist rendering pictures. So we're booked on this sailing and would love to join the group if it is able to get us a better deal (price, OBC, both, whatever!). Keep me posted!

Thanks!

My understanding from our RCL rep. is that RCL won't be taking group bookings yet for this ship - they were waiting awhile before allowing groups to make sure individuals can book first.

We already have several people booked for this cruise. We always cruise during hurricane season and have never been hit with one yet. Oct. and November are still within hurricane season, so you take a chance booking during those months as well.

RCL typically doesn't discount groups on new ships like this, so we'll have to wait and see what they do when they start to allow groups.

My understanding from our RCL rep. is that RCL won't be taking group bookings yet for this ship - they were waiting awhile before allowing groups to make sure individuals can book first.

We already have several people booked for this cruise. We always cruise during hurricane season and have never been hit with one yet. Oct. and November are still within hurricane season, so you take a chance booking during those months as well.

RCL typically doesn't discount groups on new ships like this, so we'll have to wait and see what they do when they start to allow groups.

I was told different info. On the live broadcast Tuesday I spoke to a Royal Caribbean staff member in the on line lounge and she told me they would start allowing groups Sept 3. Personally I do not think we will get much of a price break, but probably a bit of onboad credit.

I was told different info. On the live broadcast Tuesday I spoke to a Royal Caribbean staff member in the on line lounge and she told me they would start allowing groups Sept 3. Personally I do not think we will get much of a price break, but probably a bit of onboad credit.

Thank you for that information - that isn't what our RCL rep. said, but that doesn't mean he has all the most updated info.

I can tell you that with the Celebrity Solstice, there were absolutely no discounts for groups and when Freedom was first out, there were no discounts on pricing for that either. But if you do get a group, there is the opportunity usually for a tour conductor or goup amenitites.

Hi everyone,

I am still waiting to hear back from Laura at groups for cruise critic about turning this sailing into an official CC sailing. RCL is going to open reservations for group bookings 9-03-08 ,and no one knows if RCL will give any room discounts yet during the first season. I've got a bunch of family and friends going on the second sailing of the Solstice this November in the inaugural year and got a group together. We did not get a price reduction above what the initial fares were offered but each cabin got on board credits and some gifts for each cabin. Since September is the low season for cruiselines, hopefully any cruise agency will offer obc for any group of cabins. The more people who form a group, I've generally found the better the benefits. We went to Italy and Greece last year and had 40 people in our group. We received some fairly generous benefits from Celebrity. I just find that it is more fun to cruise with a bunch of friends(old and new) and family as we all love cruising. When I hear back from Cruise critic groups, I'll post back.

Everyone have a great Labor Day weekend.

kk

Archived