Printing out Documents...

terri910

....I know I've seen this mentioned before, but I can never seem to make the search function work for me, so sorry that this is probably a repeat....

I've printed out our e-documents for our upcoming cruise, along with plenty of the luggage tags. I remember people mentioning having those printed luggage tags laminated, since just folding over 20-lb. paper is hardly sturdy enough to stand up to the handling.

I was just wondering if that worked for those that laminated them. Or if leaving them as just folded paper worked for people.

We will be flying from southern California to Vancouver the day before our cruise departure. We do not plan on packing a stapler in order to staple the ends together once wrapped around the luggage handles. What is the best way to attach them?

I'm really excited that we're getting down to having to ask the detail questions! :)

I use clear packing tape then when I attach them to my bags, I staple them on. One of my friends punches a hole through them and ties them on. But, I found that the staples work just fine. Get one of those little mini staples--doesn't take up any room--and there you go!! I usually staple the tags on after I get my bags at baggage claim though. That way I know that they will still be on the bag when I get to the ship. But, each to their own, I guess.

Marilyn

i put clear packing tape over our luggage tags. then i hole-punched the end & attached them to my luggage with a ponytail holder. i didn't put them on until we got off the plane. they lasted just fine through the baggage handling in port & getting to the room. i also put one on my tote that i used on the ship. this way, if it were to get separated from me, some nice person could get it back to my room.

I have seen where people use clear packing tape. I did not and mine were just fine. Going the day before we did not put them until after the flight. We just went to the desk at the hotel & borrowed their stapler.

Enjoy your cruise.

Another thread had a pretty good idea for attaching the tags posted by Wennfred:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=832572

That's the method I'm using, after I print them on card stock!!

Hmmm....hadn't thought of card stock!

But I really like the idea of using the clear packing tape and rubber bands. I have absolutely everything I need right here at my desk, including the hole punch!

I have seen where people use clear packing tape. I did not and mine were just fine. Going the day before we did not put them until after the flight. We just went to the desk at the hotel & borrowed their stapler.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, we don't want to put them on the luggage until we're ready to have it taken down to the cruise terminal (from what I understand our hotel, the Pan Pacific, is directly above the cruise terminal...take the elevator down and we're there!)....

Archived