Best ship and line to go solo on?

penkitten86

hi all

Looks like I will be going solo if I wish to cruise in the future. So with that said. Which ship and line does everyone prefer to go solo on? I am realizing that all ship and lines have increases in prices when one does a solo trip. So any and all tips and advice will be appreciated.

thanks

penkitten86

Click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=419 for the Cruise Critic article titled Editor's Picks: Best Cruise Lines for Solo Travelers.

You also may want to check out our Solo Cruisers Forum at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=373.

Hope this is helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Best is a relative term. What's best for one might not be that for another. A lot depends on your age, what kind of ship you want and your budget. If you're younger, any cruise line would be OK. If you're among the AARP set, then I would suggest Celebrity or Princess. And if money is no concern, then definitely I would say Crystal.

You're going to pay a single supplement as a solo. Most lines charge 200% of the per person fare, although some will give you a break if you chose an inside cabin. The luxury lines like Seabourn and Crystal have single supplements as low as 125%.

So, you see, there are a lot of variables to your question.

Archived