concerge lounge on the independence?

dollyd

We are sailing on the independence in Nov. Can someone tell me if there is a concerge lounge on the ship and if so is it nice. Any other info or tips about the ship would be appreciated.

Yes, Independence has a concierge lounge. It is on deck 10 in the middle of the ship. It is only for those people in Grand Suites or higher.

Be aware that if you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus C&A member, you will not have access to the Concierge Lounge unless you are in a suite. Instead you have access to the Diamond Club which is on deck 14 and is much nicer than the Concierge Club because it has windows.

We were on the Independence last month. The diamond lounge concierge is Ricardo, he is fantastic. The lounge is beautiful, adjacent to the Viking Crown lounge so has a full wall of windows, as well as an outside seating area with tables and chairs. The lounge is accessible 24 hours, however the soda pop is locked up when Ricardo is not in the lounge. The hot cocoa/coffee machine is available though. We would sit up there and plan our next port day and have the whole lounge to ourselves. Canapes, petit fours, and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every day from 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. There were hot as well as cold appetizers. Continental breakfast served daily from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Ricardo's hours are 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 5p.m. - 8:30 p.m. He can make specialty restaurant, spa or salon appointments. Your diamond concierge lounge key is valid for admission to any ice show, no need to decide ahead of time and request tickets, just go and show your key. This lounge is quite large compared to the concierge lounges we have been in on past cruises. Enjoy!

We are sailing on the independence in Nov. Can someone tell me if there is a concerge lounge on the ship and if so is it nice. Any other info or tips about the ship would be appreciated.

Concierge lounge on the Independence is on deck 10 midships, if you are in a GS and above, you will be given a red pass key which will give you access 24 hours a day, There are no windows to look out of, but the Lounge interior is very pleasant.

Gershwin the concierge is wonderful, he does allow well behaved children in after 5pm when free drinks and canapes are available.

If you have any problems or concerns whilst on board he is your first contact, we found him very pleasant, fair minded and very efficient.

Have a great cruise :)

"Gershwin the concierge is wonderful"

I'll seconded that - although the rule is no kids !!

jj.....

Hello jj,

THe rule is no Kids, but Gershwin used his discretion and pointed out to each and every parent that if your kids misbehaved they were not welcome after 5pm, we were lucky I suppose, as all the kids that were in the Lounge after 5pm were very well dressed and polite. :)

Concierge lounge on the Independence is on deck 10 midships, if you are in a GS and above, you will be given a red pass key which will give you access 24 hours a day, There are no windows to look out of, but the Lounge interior is very pleasant.

Gershwin the concierge is wonderful, he does allow well behaved children in after 5pm when free drinks and canapes are available.

If you have any problems or concerns whilst on board he is your first contact, we found him very pleasant, fair minded and very efficient.

Have a great cruise :)

Gershwin sounds great but I would have a problem of stretching the rules for some kids not matter how wll behaved after 5. If the rule says no kids, it should be enforced. It would be too easy to stretch well behaved kids to all kids.

We will be on IOS on Jan. 10 and will have access to the DL but not the CL. Hope the inclusion of kids is not extended to the DL.

I am NOT a kid hater but followed rules raising DD and if we are lucky enough to get grandbabies, I will follow all rules in our community (specified kids hours and days in the pool and no kids younger than 4) and on cruise ships.

I guess what i'm saying is - you shouldn't really be encouraging parents to try it on with Gershwin, its not fair on him or other guests in the lounge.

Can you imagine someone saying to him - oh yes it says on the cruisecritic that you allow kids in !!

I respect the rules and i respect Gershwin

jj......

Big question...free drinks and appies in the diamond lounge

I'm pretty sure - we were just on the sister ship Liberty and only had the regular concierge lounge. we had free drinks and canapes from 5-8:30. The concierge told us that the diamond lounge is pretty much the same but has a panoramic view.

I guess what i'm saying is - you shouldn't really be encouraging parents to try it on with Gershwin, its not fair on him or other guests in the lounge.

Can you imagine someone saying to him - oh yes it says on the cruisecritic that you allow kids in !!

I respect the rules and i respect Gershwin

jj......

Totally agree -- parents whose kids don't perceive their kid's awful behavior as misbehaving. He could be opening himself up to problems by distinguising good and bad behavior. Lots of parents are afraid to discipline their kids. DD was pretty well behaved but she had to do a lot of timeout and once even had to listen to Neil Diamond for an hour for misbehaving!!!

Archived