should I ride horses in Grand Turk or HMC?

Kathy0418

Kathy - I haven't done HMC but plan on doing it in December (no excursions listed yet for my cruise but I assume it will be available).

DD & I have done GT all 3 times we've stopped there.

I know I've posted in just about all the HR&S threads here with my rave reviews and pics. Don't have time to hunt for those threads right now, but they can't be too far back (if off the front page at all).

We love it.

Well, you're not in the water for a long time. You aren't swimming. I suppose there is "stuff" floating around. I seem to remember there being a lot of seaweed on the shore.

And, yes, on occasion, there is horse poo! There is a building with toilets and showers. I just wait until I'm back on the ship, but I haven't had a close encounter with anything too disgusting.

Not everyone loves it as much as we do. I've read complaints that the water portion of the ride was too short, which I agree, but we just feel it's a great time.

Our last time, we had actually planned on doing a snorkel trip, but it sold out, so we decided, "oh, what the heck, let's ride horses again." And it was the most fun yet.

Sure, it would be nice if we could spend the entire time in the water, riding up and down the beach, but that isn't how it works.

And the time in the water was a little longer this last time while the trail ride portion was a little shorter, so they have altered the excursion somewhat.

Can't wait to give it a try in Half Moon Cay in December and compare the two. It's operated by the same group, so I imagine it will be comparable.

I certainly can't guarantee that everyone will think it's an awesome excursion, but we love it.

If you haven't come across my photo yet, this is the one I always post (taken by one of the guides).

To me, it's what vacation is all about.

2927079110102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived