Vacinations for New Caledonia and Vanuatu

Julia13

HI

Have read conflicting reports about vaccinations for these islands, are any needles require or recommended?

Thank you in advance

Julia :)

SS Uganda, Aug 1980, Tilbury, Malmo, Copenhagen, Brugges, Tilbury.

HI

Have read conflicting reports about vaccinations for these islands, are any needles require or recommended?

Thank you in advance

Nothing special required for New Caledonia & Vanuatu as long as you are up to date with your 'standard' vaccinations (eg tetanus, diphtheria, polio and especially MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella).

Also a flu shot is a good idea for cruising - the enclosed environment of the cruise ship makes for easy spreading of Influenza.

The only injection i would recommend is to inject some cash into your credit card :D unless u are going to some remote areas in vanuatu u dont need any vaccinations....

no doubt someone will post come after this and say : that is correct u dont need any vaccinations " why they do that :confused: i dont know but have a great trip

Icy

no doubt someone will post come after this and say : that is correct u dont need any vaccinations " why they do that :confused:

Icy

Hi Icy,

Maybe the reason a second person might supply the same information as a previous post, is that they are reinforcing the information and they think the person making the original enquiry will feel more comfortable with a few people supplying the same information. Maybe also the second answer might include more information.

Why do they say that someone's post "is correct"? Maybe because they feel it is polite to acknowledge that a post by a previous person has also said the same thing and they do not want to take the sole 'credit' (if that is an appropriate word) for offering the advice.:D:D:D

Thats you today Icy! LOL! (I think people do it as forums are considered like a conversation and people like to have heir say too!). Flu shot is a good idea PP - would you suggest it in summer months?

Ha Ha kym types quicker than me~:D but i did say after me :D as for flu shots there is a long thread on here somewhere about that ......... it goes for pages and pages of drivel about flu shots :eek:

Icy

The only injection i would recommend is to inject some cash into your credit card :D unless u are going to some remote areas in vanuatu u dont need any vaccinations....

no doubt someone will post come after this and say : that is correct u dont need any vaccinations " why they do that :confused: i dont know but have a great trip

Icy

This is correct - you don't need any vaccinations :D unless you are spending a holidays there. The biggest risk is Mozzies, and they come out in the evenings - as you are leaving.

Still Icy,

I have seen an answer given 3 or 4 times, and the OP will come on and say "thanks - anyone else got any info". Why do they do that?? :confused:

This is correct - you don't need any vaccinations :D unless you are spending a holidays there. The biggest risk is Mozzies, and they come out in the evenings - as you are leaving.

Still Icy,

I have seen an answer given 3 or 4 times, and the OP will come on and say "thanks - anyone else got any info". Why do they do that?? :confused:

I know just what u mean geoffy a Q gets the same answer 10 times and u think what the?...

Further to the mozzies in port vila every evening at about 9 or 10 pm there is a truck that goes around and sprays the mozzies. Mind u in island time that could be anytime from sun up to sun down :D

Icy

Recognizing different countries have different requirements for its citizens, and requirements change periodically, we as American citizens did not need any vaccinations for New Caledonia nor Vanuatu when we sailed there on Sky Princess, San Francisco to Sydney, Sep 2000.

HI

Thank you in advance

You really do not need any except a flu shot as you are only there for a day.If you are going to eat fresh and prepared foods to try thing then get hepatitis and tetanus{better safe and we need it at home anyway} shots.

I had Hep,flu,tetanus and typhoid{because my great grandfather died of typhoid at 24 in north Queensland, so it is a family thing.He was Sid Barnes the test cricketers father and my grandfather grew up without a dad because of it}.

Being very well versed in Med i can tell you those are all thats needed as the maximum after being to these places. If you are going to go overnight in mangrove marshes i would add a couple more:D, but as they are day trips the Hep,Flu and Tetanus will be fine.

Many thanks to you all for you advise, will check with doctor to see if I am up to date with jabs.

Happy Cruising

Regards Julia:)

Archived