Oasis Deck 14 Overhang...possible?

I noticed this on the plan yesterday when I was looking at rooms on deck 14 on Oasis....it appears if you look on the plan, there is an overhang from the above deck 15 that projects out over the balcony. I was wondering if this could be and just noticed while I was looking at actual photos of Celebrity X's new Soltice that this exact thing seems to appear in sections of the upper deck on that ship. I know that there were many people who freaked out on Freedom class to find that the spa jetted out over a couple rooms not allowing people to look directly up at the sky. While I don't know how far this jets out over deck 14 (or if it actually does in reality at all)....I thought it would be a good heads up.

From what I gathered looking at the deckplans and renderings, the overhang is definitely there because it provides more deck space for the pools above. How much it will jut out and affect visibility is anyone's guess.

I see the overhang on one picture. Then the next one I look at I don't. I debated back and forth before I decided to try for a Deck 14 hump D1 cabin.

So I went for it. And I got one. I wanted one deck down from the pool area...and that's what we got. ;) So I am willing to deal with the overhang IF there is one.

I viewed it as being an overhang too. I actually LIKE having the overhang above my balcony because we prefer shade and protection from the elements. So, I had booked a deck 14 hump cabin. But, after the most recent reveal, when I saw what was right above me, I decided to switch. I DON'T like having the pool right above me. I've had that location twice before and both times I heard noise from above both day and night, so I moved down one deck (to deck 12 since there isn't a deck 13). I think I will still be protected from the sun/elements by the overhang (if there actually IS one) and I won't be hearing lounge chairs scraping across the floor in the wee hours when the crew is cleaning! To those folks who DO get cabins right under the pool, it's not that it was horrible or anything like that so don't be worried about your location, but it was just enough to wake me and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm a really light sleeper and it doesn't take much to wake me! :eek: During the day I didn't care about the noise as there wasn't that much.

Bonnie, I have a theory about the scraping chairs. When you are under the solairum with the tiled floors, you can hear the chairs above. When you are under the sports pool/H20 zone...the area has carpet (artificial grass like material)...so no scraping when they move the chairs. I heard nada on Deck 10.

It's my theory and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Of course, if Oasis doesn't have the carpet, then my theory goes out the window....lol.

Bonnie, I have a theory about the scraping chairs. When you are under the solairum with the tiled floors, you can hear the chairs above. When you are under the sports pool/H20 zone...the area has carpet (artificial grass like material)...so no scraping when they move the chairs. I heard nada on Deck 10.

It's my theory and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Of course, if Oasis doesn't have the carpet, then my theory goes out the window....lol.

The two ships I heard "pool" noise on were Majesty and most recently on Monarch. On Majesty, the noise I heard was after a late-night deck party. The crew had moved all the loungechairs out of the way to make room for the party and at about 1:00a.m. they moved them all back into place...it was sort of a scrape....THUMP...sort of noise! :D But, it was just that one night. On Monarch we were under the regular pool area but closer to the aft, where there are not any lounge chairs...but...I heard kids running through the area every night when I was trying to go to sleep (as I said, I am a light sleeper AND I go to bed pretty early). I doubt you will have any problem at all on Oasis!!!! I just figured being one deck lower would eliminate any concerns for myself! ;)

I think on Oasis my primary concern with Deck 14 is my fear of heights. :eek:

Gotta get my nerve worked up for that zipline. :p

There is one thing I can hear on Deck 10 - I can hear the music on the night that they have the pool dance party. But I could only hear it on the balcony. But if someone likes to sleep with their door open, that music would cause a problem.

I think on Oasis my primary concern with Deck 14 is my fear of heights. :eek:

I hear ya! I DON'T have a fear of heights but even I think we are going to be WAY up there on deck 12! :D We have dear friends that are directly across the Hall from us (CLQ/EBQ from these boards) in a CP-view balcony and I thought deck 14 may be a tad TOO high up for optimum viewing of CP. Deck 12 should be great as it is high enough for a full view of the park without being too close so as to not pick up as much noise from the park. We are going to have so much fun running from our extended ocean-view balcony, straight across to their CP-view balcony! It is truly the best of all worlds (for us anyway!) ;)

I hear ya! I DON'T have a fear of heights but even I think we are going to be WAY up there on deck 12! :D We have dear friends that are directly across the Hall from us (CLQ/EBQ from these boards) in a CP-view balcony and I thought deck 14 may be a tad TOO high up for optimum viewing of CP. Deck 12 should be great as it is high enough for a full view of the park without being too close so as to not pick up as much noise from the park. We are going to have so much fun running from our extended ocean-view balcony, straight across to their CP-view balcony! It is truly the best of all worlds (for us anyway!) ;)

Ya know, something I didn't think of...those on deck 14 facing the zipline could yell things like "Don't do it!" :D LOL!!!!!

Ya know, something I didn't think of...those on deck 14 facing the zipline could yell things like "Don't do it!" :D LOL!!!!!

Well, CLQ and I have been joking for months that I was going to zipline past his balcony and he would throw me a ranger cookie! Of course, I don't think this is actually possible and then even if it was there is the risk of me DROPPING the cookie from above deck 14, and it landing on someone's head down in Central Park and killing them! :eek: Hmmmm, if he threw a me chocolate chip cookie and I dropped it on someone's head, would that be considered, "death by chocolate?" ;)

Well, CLQ and I have been joking for months that I was going to zipline past his balcony and he would throw me a ranger cookie! Of course, I don't think this is actually possible and then even if it was there is the risk of me DROPPING the cookie from above deck 14, and it landing on someone's head down in Central Park and killing them! :eek: Hmmmm, if he threw a me chocolate chip cookie and I dropped it on someone's head, would that be considered, "death by chocolate?" ;)

When you ZOOM past us on the Zipline, we may be so busy eating that room-service Chips and Queso I've heard about that we may not even SEE you.:cool: You know I'm kidding Bonnie. I'd toss you a chocolate chip cookie anytime. What happens after that, I couldn't be responsible for. AND, EBQ would be snapping pictures of you ON the zipline that would be showing up here on CC for YEARS!:D Come to think of it, when you do that zipline we'll be wherever we have to be to get pictures. And they WILL be pasted on CC!

Hmmmm, if he threw a me chocolate chip cookie and I dropped it on someone's head, would that be considered, "death by chocolate?" ;)
I believe we'll need legal counsel from Wrona on this one!

When you ZOOM past us on the Zipline, we may be so busy eating that room-service Chips and Queso I've heard about that we may not even SEE you.:cool: You know I'm kidding Bonnie. I'd toss you a chocolate chip cookie anytime. What happens after that, I couldn't be responsible for. AND, EBQ would be snapping pictures of you ON the zipline that would be showing up here on CC for YEARS!:D Come to think of it, when you do that zipline we'll be wherever we have to be to get pictures. And they WILL be pasted on CC!

Hmmmmm, photos? Of ME on the zipline? I'm thinking that might be a perfect excuse to go shopping!!!! I will need a nice "zipline outfit". Probably some sassy new zipline shoes too! And definitely some BLING!! I want to be sure and SPARKLE when I zip by! I will put it all on my new RCCL Visa! ;) What do you think CLQ?

Hmmmmm, photos? Of ME on the zipline? I'm thinking that might be a perfect excuse to go shopping!!!! I will need a nice "zipline outfit". Probably some sassy new zipline shoes too! And definitely some BLING!! I want to be sure and SPARKLE when I zip by! I will put it all on my new RCCL Visa! ;) What do you think CLQ?

I don't think much of it at ALL! But, I suppose nothing but the finest will do when you make your Zipline debut aboard Oasis of the Seas! Go ahead, help yourself if you've got to.

I don't think much of it at ALL! But, I suppose nothing but the finest will do when you make your Zipline debut aboard Oasis of the Seas! Go ahead, help yourself if you've got to.

Well, here's a little number I thought YOU may like for YOUR zipline debut...

554~Liberace-Posters.jpg

Hmmmmm, photos? Of ME on the zipline? I'm thinking that might be a perfect excuse to go shopping!!!! I will need a nice "zipline outfit". Probably some sassy new zipline shoes too! And definitely some BLING!! I want to be sure and SPARKLE when I zip by! I will put it all on my new RCCL Visa! ;)

Bonnie and CLQ....you guys are everywhere...:eek:

zipline_rigging_m.jpg

Nice outfit...

I found my job to pay for the Oasis cruise...Zipline belt fitter!:eek:

Or....

maybe not!

1282701509_466cf1ff59.jpg?v=0

BILL

Oh! Please! NO! NO! NO! Don't feed Bill's ego!

It could be dangerous!!!

BigHeadRuinsTheDay.png

That pic may say it all! :D It may be true.. but I have to give credit where credit is due. Sorry. I know some of his pics can be on the edge.. if you know what I mean? He is pretty clever though. However he does feed off others...especially the women. It's like fuel for the fire.:eek:

Laura

Oh! Please! NO! NO! NO! Don't feed Bill's ego!

It could be dangerous!!!

BigHeadRuinsTheDay.png

I am glad Bonnie was here to protect me from myself....AGAIN! :eek:

Bonnie has always been making sure the common good is protected. By the way...I actually think my head is a bit smaller, or perhaps the tunnel was bigger...

I found a photo of Bonnie when she was younger...Nice outfit!

Blog-WW-Feed-me_7-20-07.jpg

I would like to meet your friend...the one with the BIG...:eek:

...Ears!

BILL:D

PS...Laura...Thanks for the compliment!

Hey, Bonnie--

You had the Wonder Woman thing going ON!!:cool: :D Like the way you were wielding those gold cuffs! Wonder Woman is always a good choice. You bringing that thing on Oasis by any chance? Maybe that's IT--that's your Zipline outfit!

Archived