Itinerary Changes

Hello Cruzers!! What happens when a port is missed due to weather, etc.? Do they usually offer an OBC? If so, how much? DW and I are on the EOS next week and are a little worried about Key West and possibly Cozumel. Thanks in advance. :cool:

Traditionally RCCL does not give you anything if you miss a port or have to change your itinerary. Occasionally you might get a small onboard credit or an hour of free drinks, but that is not common, at least on RCCL.

Hello Cruzers!! What happens when a port is missed due to weather, etc.? Do they usually offer an OBC? If so, how much? DW and I are on the EOS next week and are a little worried about Key West and possibly Cozumel. Thanks in advance. :cool:

We are also on the Enchantment 9-1-08 sailing. At this time, it looks like Gustav will be well into the gulf, and Hanna will not have gotten to Florida/Bahamas area as of Monday. Now, we may have a problem returning on saturday, 9-6 with Hanna, depending on which way it decides to go, and how fast. The ship will stay out of harms way. Just hope we have some sunshine and decent weather where ever we may end up going. I am thinking we will make it to our scheduled ports.

We had a severely delayed departure from Barcelona on a short Brilliance European cruise in October 2005 due to a Spanish fishermen's blockade of the port and as a result our scheduled call to Corsica was omitted from the itinerary. We got a $100 OBC for the disruption and inconvenience.

I also meant to mention that on our very first cruise on Mariner in 2004, Labadee was initially on the itinerary but was replaced by Coco Cay due to unrest in Haiti. However, we never got to Coco Cay due to rough seas as we couldn't tender ashore so we went to Nassau instead. No refunds or OBC for this itinerary change, but as mentioned before, we didn't care we were on our first cruise and it was all an adventure.

I believe we only got OBC compensation on the Brilliance cruise as the length of the cruise was severely shortened and as a result, missed port of call.

On our last FOS cruise we arrived late in Labadee due to propulsion problems so all excursions were cancelled and charges refunded, but no compensation for inconvenience.

Hopefully we'll finally see Coco Cay on our next FOS cruise!

Archived