Favorite place to visit in GT

Cruiser Crystal

Before Carnival built the cruise center and pier, the only reason people went to the effort to get to Grand Turk was to scuba dive. That is still the the main reason to visit there IMO.

If you aren't certified, you might consider doing a Discover Scuba dive there.

We enjoyed a trip to town- it is a very undeveloped town, but interesting. Lots of good photo ops, if you're into that. If not, the Margaritaville pool and the beach there make for a good day.

I love to take photo's - esp as memories to look back on...... It's my way of 'remembering' the vacation..... :D

Before Carnival built the cruise center and pier, the only reason people went to the effort to get to Grand Turk was to scuba dive. That is still the the main reason to visit there IMO.

If you aren't certified, you might consider doing a Discover Scuba dive there.

We are not certified...... Can you recommed a good place to do a disc scuba dive or even snorkle, as I have never done anything along those lines, and we both want to try it on this cruise. thanks in advance.:D

I have done snuba and the helmet dive there and we went out right to the edge of "The Wall" and you could see the drop off and everything. That is something you never see when you snorkel, snuba, dive or whatever on other stops.

:D

May I ask where you got to have this cool experience.

We're planning to do a Discover SCUBA at one of our ports this October. We're going to do an intro class here at a local dive shop first.

Of Grand Turk, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman, the dive shop said GC would be his recommendation. Of course CM depends on the status of their re-opening. Our ship is currently scheduled to be the first to call there, on 10/31.

What are your recommendations as to where would be the best dive destination for 1st-timers, and why?

Thanks in advance.

What are your recommendations as to where would be the best dive destination for 1st-timers, and why?

I agree with your dive shop, Grand Cayman would be my first choice for you because there are many local dive shops there to choose from and quite a few near by shallow dive sites ideal for a first dive experience.

The closest to where the tenders dock is Eden Rock and the near by Eden Rock divers. Just a bit farther is http://www.sunsethouse.com

While the diving in Grand Turk is equal to, if not better than, the diving in Grand Cayman, there is really only 3 local dive shops there and a wall dive isn't suitable for a Discover Scuba experience.

this message is more like a commercial for a certain hotel in the Cayman Islands, If I was interested in the Caymans I would go to that discussion

If you took the time to actually READ the post, you would understand that they are only referencing the CI's....... The SUBJECT is still GRAND TURK!

Crystal Cruiser-- I know nothing about the diving (wish I could do it), but if you go diving, stop by Margaritaville afterwards. We had a great time there--swim up bar, beach, some shops. Have fun!

:D A def stop for a frosty beverage, yummie, will be M ville. I have heard so many fun things about this place..... Can't wait to visit! Also, Jack's Shack or something like that was also mentioned. But, from my understanding there isn't a pool.

My family and I visited Grand Turk last year on the Triumph. We rented a car, drove through town and around the island at our own pace. WE went to Bohio Resort and spent the afternoon. BEAUTIFUL! I can't say it loud enough. They offer snorkel gear, scuba, kayaks, there is a beach bar, Chairs and a restaurant. We did the kayaking and loved it. One of the most beautiful beaches we have ever been to. They have a website with more info.

When we went there were 2 ships at port and Margaritaville was a zoo.:eek:

Hope this is helpful and hope you have a blast, we did!:D

My family and I visited Grand Turk last year on the Triumph. We rented a car, drove through town and around the island at our own pace. WE went to Bohio Resort and spent the afternoon. BEAUTIFUL! I can't say it loud enough. They offer snorkel gear, scuba, kayaks, there is a beach bar, Chairs and a restaurant. We did the kayaking and loved it. One of the most beautiful beaches we have ever been to. They have a website with more info.

When we went there were 2 ships at port and Margaritaville was a zoo.:eek:

Hope this is helpful and hope you have a blast, we did!:D

WOW! Def something new and different to me. We will def have to check it out. Thanks for posting. :D

Archived